7 year old announces he's gay

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by soostooned, Feb 16, 2012.

1. How about who fucking cares?
    How is this even news?
    Infotainment is all it is.

The concept of homosexuality is a new one. Created only in the last hundred years or so.

2. I bet he isn't.

What most likely happened is some deuche kid at school called him gay, and being 7, he accepted it.

And yes, children are evil enough to do that at that age, I was called an asshole by a 3yr old, and a n*gger by the same kid, when he was like 7. And I'm not black, so I'm gonna blame the fact that he was a redneck (no offense to country boys who are often classified as rednecks, as they are basically the same, just not racist, hell they even call themselves rednecks sometimes).

3. Ancient Greece?

What do they even teach Americans in schools? :confused:

4. They teach us lies and propaganda.

5. He's 7, what the fuck? He doesn't even know what gay is...

6. What about ancient Greece? Yes there were men who had sex with other men, and women who had sex with other women, but the thing is they weren't seen as any different. There was no label put on them as homosexuals. Many males at the time had sexual relations with both men and woman and there was nothing wrong with that. It was seen as perfectly normal.

Even up until the 1850's. It was only around then that the label homosexual came up and it began to be chastised. Abraham Lincoln is thought to have had several male lovers with whom historians have letters he exchanged with.

7. 7 is about the age that boys start to notice girls. Why can't this kid be noticing boys without being "confused?"

Kids these days aren't stupid. They're inundated with media constantly. They are well aware of what "gay" means.

8. Confused? He seems pretty sure to me. Personally, I think it's great that he's proud of who he is and won't spend years of his life trying to change in order to fit other people's standards.

9. Unfortunately, however, he probably has a long, painful road ahead of him. It's great to be open and comfortable with yourself and all that, but kids are ruthless and the taunts probably won't stop for a while.

10. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']7 is about the age that boys start to notice girls. Why can't this kid be noticing boys without being "confused?"

Kids these days aren't stupid. They're inundated with media constantly. They are well aware of what "gay" means.[/quote]

Naw bro. 7 is like 2nd grade. Most kids that age don't even know what sex actually is. They especially don't know if there gay.

That'd be like being a 7 yr old and saying "I'm a Republican"

11. it was shown as a sign of weakness to be with a woman in the past, so men would usually be with men to show Masculinity.

--\
    Herb Phoenix

the correct use is they're
    (they are)

12. You must not pay any attention to the kids of today.

I work with kids. Some of the stuff that comes out of their mouths is ridiculous.

When you and I were 7, things were much different. Things weren't so connected. Times are changing, and anybody can see this just by talking to a kid.

13. Who knows. I'd probably wouldn't think anything about it til later in life.

14. You aren't born with political views. When I was seven I knew I liked girls, as I'm sure many others did. So why is it so unbelievable that he knows he likes boys?

15. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

You must not pay any attention to the kids of today.

I work with kids. Some of the stuff that comes out of their mouths is ridiculous.

When you and I were 7, things were much different. Things weren't so connected. Times are changing, and anybody can see this just by talking to a kid.[/quote]

Just because they can hear something and regurgitate it doesn't mean they have any understanding of what they're actually saying.

16. [quote name='"WTFun"']

You aren't born with political views. When I was seven I knew I liked girls, as I'm sure many others did. So why is it so unbelievable that he knows he likes boys?[/quote]

This is probably controversial.

But I'm gunna post my opinion.

Being gay is an acquired trait.

I don't believe the whole.. Born gay thing. Humans are born NATURALLY wanting to reproduce with a female.

I'm not saying being gay is wrong or bad. But most people tend to start noticing these things round middle school or beginning of Highschool when your actually sexually active and you actually know who you are or are becoming.

17. If that was my son personally i would set his ass up for adoption.

18. Unless that is sarcasm, people like you are a disgrace.

Just because your son wants to put his sentry in a man instead of a woman, you would give him away?

I hope you don't reproduce then, because homosexuality is natures way of dealing with overpopulation (this is a documented FACT, as it occurs in animals as well), so as nothing is happening to the population anytime soon, chances are getting higher and higher that your offspring will be gay.

This is what religion does to people, it makes them resent what is different than them. If you are of that opinion for any other reason than religion... then you are just an intolerant bigot :/

19. From what data are you drawing such a broad conclusion? From what I've gathered, many gay people describe their sexual orientation as something that has always been present. Some say it took a while to accept it, but largely it seems that it is not a choice or subject to the conditions of one's upbringing. It seems pretty ignorant to assert that he couldn't possibly understand his own sexuality.