7 weeks into veg and wadda ya think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smiley Coyote, May 26, 2010.

1. I would dearly love some feedback by any that see room for improvement. This will be my third grow and my first crop (some long stories there). I am already beyond where I have previously been.

I intend to go into 12/12 in roughly nine days. I removed the first obvious male today. It had very noticeable pods in four places that I could find.That leaves four in mid LST and one that has not been trained or topped in any way. She (crossing fingers) looks stout.

These are from my seed stash and are probably more sativa than anything. There is that one dark, squat beauty though. I grow in a medium mix of Ocean Forest and Happy Frog and supplement, of course, with Foxfarm and Super Thrive. The average temp for most of the first four weeks in the grow room was about 62. I am using two 125W Vitalume CFL's.

Attached Files:

2. They are looking really stocky for being sativas, you've managed to keep those girls from stretching which is awesome. The low temperatures have probably helped with that but I think if you could get them closer to 75 your plants would flourish. They do look a little behind what you'd have with a HID system. Still though, looking healthy and happy.

If I were you I'd wait for the branches to fill out a little bit more and let that LST really go to work filling out those plants. 9 days sounds about right, but if you go until June 18th you'll start flowering during the appropriate moon phase which I've honestly found to help. It all depends on your space situation and what kind of lighting you plan to flower with.

They look slightly overwatered in the pictures only because you had probably just watered them before taking the pictures. Props on the grow. Looks to be successful. Beware high humidity, magnesium and calcium imbalances, and don't go to crazy with phosphorus and you're going to have some good smoke.

Best of luck.

3. If you grew in bubble buckets you could have your plants that size in 2 weeks. They look very healthy.

4. "They are looking really stocky for being sativas, you've managed to keep those girls from stretching which is awesome. The low temperatures have probably helped with that but I think if you could get them closer to 75 your plants would flourish. They do look a little behind what you'd have with a HID system. Still though, looking healthy and happy.

If I were you I'd wait for the branches to fill out a little bit more and let that LST really go to work filling out those plants. 9 days sounds about right, but if you go until June 18th you'll start flowering during the appropriate moon phase which I've honestly found to help. It all depends on your space situation and what kind of lighting you plan to flower with.

They look slightly overwatered in the pictures only because you had probably just watered them before taking the pictures. Props on the grow. Looks to be successful. Beware high humidity, magnesium and calcium imbalances, and don't go to crazy with phosphorus and you're going to have some good smoke.
    "

They could be hybrids for all I know; all I really know is that they are all from south of the border. And, yes, right now I am averaging between 73-79 on the temperature. I also think I had the CFL's too far away from my plants until just a couple of weeks ago.

I am curious about your judgement that they are over watered (it had been about 24 hrs when I shot those photos). Do you see tips curling downward a bit or is there something else? I DO have the humidity higher than I would like and I wonder if whatever it is you are seeing might be caused by that.

5. dude they look healthy enough to me, but also look indica dominat to me! id be a little dissapointed with the plants' size after 7 weeks of veg but then again i dont use CFL's. bearing in mind thats wot youre using, i wouldnt lose too much sleep over it!

I'd really try to up the temperature in there and that will really help, like snow crash said, around about 75F and your laughing :) I grow in coco and veg for 6 weeks, with 1 600w HPS, increasing it to 2x600w as they realy start to take off around week 4, and finaly for flowering i throw another 600watts in there for good measure! it certainly keeps the temps up in the 70's! :)

hope u finaly get some smoke out of your grow dude!

6. spot on mate

7. but would you advise that to someone who has never seen a grow out to the finish? i certainly wouldnt!

8. i see no signs of overwatering, just healthy plants is all i see. just out of curiosity what is your current humidity level?

9. I am guessing 50-70 percent. I really do need a very small humidifier. I can lower the humidity several times a day a little but the air outside the grow area is very humid - it's just the climate here.

10. #10 fisher, May 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2010

guessing is no good! id definately get a humidity meter to giv u an exact reading. if it is at 50-70 then leave it as it is.

if ur below 50 you need to up it. i keep mine between 70-80 for veg and let it drop for flowering. with sufficient airflow you wont need to worry about mould issues unless your strain is prone to it. in your case its impossible to tell!

11. I didn't mean that they look totally overwatered, just, saturated. The droop on the leaf tips and the general "puffy" appearance of the leaves in the third photo was what made me say it. Plants in soil should go from saturated to moist to almost dry so 24 hours after a watering sounds spot on.

The high humidity is probably a factor as well. I keep my humidity no higher than 50% for the entire grow, closer to 35% to 40% during flowering. I have a mold allergy and am naturally sensative to them, so I keep the humidity low in my home for that reason. 40% seems fine for my plants, they are happy, and it makes mold and rot a nonissue.