7 days into flowering... how's she looking?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by texag, Apr 7, 2011.

1. and how long until she starts to develop buds?

Attached Files:

2. Damn she looks sexy, could I borrow her for the night? :) Lol, Are you on 12/12? I'd say maybe 4-5 weeks.

3. yeah I've been on 12/12 for a week now.... It takes 6+ weeks of 12/12 before buds even begin to appear?

4. well your already a week in so give it 3-5 weeks. have you started getting trichs yet? I can't tell from the pictures.

5. most strains have a 7-8 week flower.

mine are the dreaded 9 weeks.

trichromes dont form until you start to see calyxs forming everywhere.

i look forward to watching the stretch happen.

it goes on for about 2 weeks maybe 3 then they fill in and plump up!
    :smoke:

6. Where would they be? on the leaves, or on the budsites? She's starting to smell too lol

7. They would be on the bud sites. How stanky is the baby?

8. #8 texag, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011

She's already stretched quite a bit.... here is a pic from 3/28 for comparison

Attached Files:

9. Ooooooooooo. Mine's starting to stink too. It's definitely my favorite part by far.

10. im not sure what your growing in.

but is it 100% light sealed?

if not then expect it to hermie on you.

11. It is 100% lightproof.... I keep the door open during the day to keep temps down, but once the lights go off it's completely dark

12. cool just making sure
    :smoke:

13. You should already be seeing hairs starting to form buds. Its not going to stink for 3 or 4 weeks. You got a long way to go. First grows are always the hardest to wait. Whatever you do, do not go in there while lights are off.... a lot of times people just want to go in and check them out

14. Question im a newbie to all this still waiting for my seeds from nirvana shop for my first grow but im wondering how long does it usually take from germination to til its done i know it depends on the plant im just looking for an avg for indoor

15. It depends on how long you veg for. From seed I would say a month min and flowering can be from 8-12 weeks.

16. Recently I have gotten very short with the "newbies" in Grass City, but I took a while to think back on some of my original posts and how ignorant I was about growing when I first started. Just because I was ignorant, did not mean I didn't have the passion to grow. Long story short, I'll try and return the favors those gave to me over the past few years, to those new up and coming growers, so that some day they (YOU) will do the same to the next generation.

First off, good on ya for starting with quality genetics, that is really the first step to having a successful grow. Now to answer your...somewhat general question.
    It takes about a 1.5-2 weeks for a marijuana plant to go from germination to growing its first set of leaves (three blades). The issue with your question is that after this point plants can be thrown into flower whenever the grower feels it is necessary.
    In other words, lets say an indica dominant strain flowers in 9 weeks. That means that you could veg your seeds for 3 weeks, then flower for 9 weeks ending up with somewhat small plants with one big center cola (3.5grams per plant maybe?), with a total grow time of 3 months. On the other hand, you could veg your seeds for 2 months then throw them into flower (1-2 oz's per plant), with a total grow time of over 4 months.
    So....simply put, anywhere from 3-5 months if starting from seed.

17. How would I go about estimating what this girl will yield?

18. Don't bother. Just keep taking care of her and when you know, you will know

19. :smoke: haha I knew that was coming. I'm glad yall think she looks ok though:hello:

20. Good luck man, so far so good but this is when the most fuckups can happen so be on top of things