7 Days and Dying!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by timebomb311, Nov 8, 2009.

1. So I put 2 Germinated Nirvana Bubblicious seeds in rockwool exactly 7 days ago. They broke the surface within 2 days and had grown to about 3-4 CM by this thursday.. Everything seemed to be going fine, one even had a single root come out the bottom of the rockwool within 3 days. They were under one 23 watt CFL to begin with. I was giving them a couple mists a day and making sure the rockwool stayed damp but not too wet.
    Last night I switched them to 2 6500K 26 Watt CFL's.

I woke up this morning to check on them and to my disgusting surprise i find them looking like the attached picture. (sorry for the crappy quality) and also discovered that the root on the right on has turned from healthy white to a white-ish brownish color. FUCK!

This is my first grow. and I'm all about learning from trial and error. If these plants are not save-able I have more seeds to germ, but I dont want to run into the same problem.

So if anyone can tell me what I screwed up, I would appreciate it. I put them back under the single 23 Watt CFL hoping maybe I can salvage them.

Can anyone tell me what mistakes I made? Over watered? Under-watered? Lighting? Etc. Thanks all.

Attached Files:

• Die.jpg
      Die.jpg
      File size:
      110.1 KB
      Views:
  2. im not 100% on this but it looks to me like they didnt get enough light.

Those two plants look like they are ready to flower they need alot more light than 1 or 2 CFLs. I would go with 2 26w CFLs per plant, and get some kind of reflector on each one to optimize light usage.Try to keep the lights 3-5 inches from the plant. When the flower and plant is about a week old its ready for a 12/12 lighting cycle to flower, were you using a cycle? or were they on 24/0?

i would try the more lights and cycle and I think they could be salvaged. I could be wrong, any other ideas guys?

3. Thats what has me confused.. Last night was when I switched to 2 26 watt cfl (with reflectors) and this morning was when they were unhealthy

4. but did you use a cycle? timer?

5. 24 Hours of light.

6. lights to far away / not enough light .

7. Should I be using 2700k cfls or 6500k cfls?

8. blue specturm for veg & red for flowering . I mix mine up. Check out the cfl guide.