7-Band 135w UFO LED

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by emerge007, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Here is a few comments on the light. 

Firstly the light is rather nice, the quality of the housing is superb and the fans are pretty neat. I heard many bad comments and concerns relating to HTG LED's not being reliable in comparison to BlackStar LED's so I want to clarify some of that. Many of the posts have related to the region in which LED's are manufactured from and I have observed bias posts based on the look of lights. This light has excellent ventilation and produces light, so lets try to focus on that. The chip-set, ventilation and environment have an impact on the quality of such products. Please remember heat destroys everything! if a fan makes noise that means it is working, you cannot have fan blades cutting through the air like lasers and remain silent. With that in mind all opinions on fan noise are obviously not relevant when shopping for such products. So cutting through all the BS and getting down to what matters, can plants grow under this light? they can!

I tested the light under several plant stages. The first stage was seedlings, worked good I suppose, no difference in any other light with one exception. The light produces such little heat I would be concerned about root rot as water hardly dissipates from the pots. But that could be solved with other stuff like germination mats, fans etc.

Under vegetating plants with some stack to them they seemed to do great. It would be difficult to do many plants because the light is small, obviously, but it could certainly be used for few. The light is most certainly capable of keeping nodes stacked within an inch and also can be within 2 inches of the plant. I did not test any closer, but I left tips about 2 inches away for a few days with no changes whatsoever. So there are several ways to make this light work for veg.

I now have the light over top of a single female. The female started its veg off under 4 t5's and then flowered into t5s for the first week. I then swapped her under the led where she remains today. So far she is getting pretty stacked, so she is growing normally. I have main colas, so I cannot speak for lower canopy penetration. When harvest time rolls around I will post on density, but this is all I have for now.   

View attachment 125634

2. What wavelengths do the manufacturers say are included in the 7 bands? Also, I have been looking for someone to put a power meter on one of those to see what the actual draw is. Subbed, so please let me know if you are ever able to find out. Looks good btw.

3. Thank you, that female is just some bag-seed but it seems to be growing alright. The spectrum's are as follows: 660 red /630 red /460 blue/ 430 blue/ bright white/ I.R and UV. As for the draw I have yet to get around to it for my own personal info, I use a meter for work that does all kinds of things like watts and kw per hour, voltage etc. it even shows yearly cost based on electric prices. Probably within the next 2 weeks I will have permission to take it home and use it and I will get back to you in that respect. I did do a lumen test on the light and it pulled a little over a thousand lumens, centered and 5 inches below. It showed about 800 offset one foot to the side. I understand that LED lights cannot be exactly measured by lumens, I do not know the proper way to measure light penetration for cannabis plants. So the best I can say is that light works pretty good and is fairly bright. As I mentioned I use t5's and the light seems to compare fairly close in terms of growing patterns under the light....with my t5's measuring at about 8,000 lumens at a centered 8 inch drop. I will most certainly post pictures of the finished female so you and others can gather your own opinion on its performance. 

if you have any other questions about the light feel free to ask, I have no problem trying to help a dude out. Thank you again for your feedback sir, it is important for proper lines of communication about such things be shared. 

My buddy also has the 7-band in a higher wattage model (rectangle) I will try and gather info about that as soon as I can for you as well.