68 days flowering under 250w HPS, ready?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by greenops, Jul 11, 2011.

1. I'm about to chop my first ever plant.

The Skunk#1 of Royal Queens Seeds has been flowering for 68 days. It's in a SCROG with 3 other AK48s.

This Skunk has bigger developed buds than the AKs. As I'm color blind I had to let my better half check out the buds and she noticed on one Skunk bud, it already had about 70% amber trichs up and down. I chopped that branch off, and its currently hanging in a dark closet, no circulation fan inside, RH 50-55% temp 26C. Is that ok?

See Pic1

Now the other buds of the Skunk are at different stages.
    The big buds have like 80% amber on the top, but only 30% in the middle part. I didnt expect that the upper part of the buds develop amber first. When I want it 50/50... Should I chop them now or wait til the middle part shows 50/50?

See Pic2

What just bothers me is the size of the buds. I expected them to get bigger, and suddenly the trichs turn amber, without getting really fat.

I dont know if its because I didnt use any special nutes besides Plagron Alga Grow during veg and Plagron Alga Bloom during flowering. Or because lights off temps are high because of summer. Or because I'm just using a 250w HPS... I dont know its just my first grow, but I wanna make it better next time!

THANKS

ps. check my sig for the journal and more pictures

Attached Files:

2. well it can be a number of things but it looks better then my first grow lol.
    but i would go with a 1000watt hps just make sure you have ventilation at 75f.
    also i would look into some good nutes. right off the bat the 1000 hps would fatten up those buds with a good feeding plan and environment

3. shoulda let em go another week

4. tdegero is right. The #1 way to fatten up the buds is to get a bigger light.

I was working with 250 watt HPS on my first grow and saw results like yours. (and i will tell you like i was told..great results!) ..but i didn't feel my buds were fat enough, so i went to the local hydroponic store and they said more lumens in direct contact with your buds the bigger they get.

With that said I bought a 600 watt hps. (because I am worried about heat build up and do not have a fan). I am about 1 week away from harvest and the buds are OBVIOUSLY bigger. . .even the bottom buds are bigger because there is a deeper penetration of light.

hope this helps, and happy growing!