610 true watt led, 2x blue cheese, 2x blue island. 4x2 tent

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Yukan, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Given the readings in the pic posted above should I try to raise my humidity a bit? I had a humidifier I the tent I was using at the seedling early veg stages

2. #22 Bravedave, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    I am usually fighting the RH the other way. I like mine close to 50% starting about 3 weeks of flower...Unless you're temps are high, 35-50% is quite nice. Google "VPD chart" and it will show you the optimal ranges for Veg. You have to ignore this chart once your buds start packing it on as you want to strive for always being less <60%RH in flower. Moist buds are candidates for bud rot.

3. When the plants are smaller, we would also remove them from the grow area and water them individually. But as they get large and they are no longer moved, watering in place becomes the norm. We just used a watering pail with a long spout that can hold a gallon. That way it is really easy to ensure each plant is receiving equal amounts of water nutrients.

Also remember as the plants grow and fill out the canopy, to remove any stems and growth from the lower third of the plant. This will allow the plants to focus their energy to the canopy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Im growing in soil.. do i need to water till i get that much run-off also..
    Most of my girls final home is a 2.5 gal pot as i dont grow them past 20-24” this is enought root room for them..

I water/feed her about a gal at a time & i get about 5-10% run-off.. hows that??

5. I missed this Yukan post. No, 5 gl to a 3 gl. pot, is more of a flush than a water.
    Your 5-10% is probably fine...but I might push it to something closer to 20%.

6. Consider it done.. will do from now on..

Dats for every watering & feeding correct??

Thanks brother!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Removed some lower growth on all plants, at the verry least this should make it easier to water in place. Sorry for the pink pic

Attached Files:

8. Pic from the top

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. For the plants in smaller pots. It's going to be best to transplant them up sooner rather than later. Or if you think they can make it to harvest don't transplant from this point on. We did and it can stunt development.

You might want to look into techniques to train that canopy. Either put in netting, or you can individually train the plants with string and paper clips that are attached to the fabric pot.

Glad you cleaned up the lower parts. It really does make plant maintenance easier when the undergrowth is removed.

10. Dats alot of light bro.. one for each..
    Nice!!

11. Lol I was just trying to figure out if I could fit another light in there

12. I have tried some lst with these plants, maybe next go around I will try a net

• Like Like x 1
  13. We didn't use a net our first legit grow either. We just used string and paper clips to hold the plants in place. That was best for us, because we didn't have the watering system locked in. Once feeding became easy for us, and the plants could stay in place permanently, the net made sense.

14. Picked up this for watering in place, I will remove the nozzle for a better stream of water 20181018_065423.jpg

15. Updated pics with lights off day 12 of flower 20181018_062429.jpg 20181018_062429.jpg 20181018_062437.jpg 20181018_062429.jpg

16. How tall are they in these photos? Looking great btw.

17. Wow that's a great item. We went more basic with the watering, but those really help over time. At the very least less muscle strain for passive watering systems.

18. I used to water with one. They are great but slow. The wand was great for reaching the back. Its slowness had me stopping its use. For my scrog last grow, I used Hydro-halos...love them.

19. I will measure them once they wake up

20. Average about foot and a half, they would be much taller if I didnt train them

• Like Like x 1