600W or 1000W HPS's?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by x Darth Vapor x, Dec 6, 2009.

1. I want to grow a lot of pot. Not worried about electrical costs. Have 6 foot from floor to ceiling. Will be using a DWC bucket system with the buckets on the ground. Should I use 600Ws or 1000W HPS's? Why? Any words other words of wisdom?
    Thanks for the time,
    D

2. the 600hps has better lumen per watt burned, buy 2 600hps, if thats out of your budget get the 1000w, pots and lights would take about 2ft, distance from canopy to light at least 1 feet, that leaves you with about 3-4 feet space, i think a 600 would be better. or you can also get a 1000w with no hood and put the bulb in the middle of the room and grow plants around the bulb.

3. How big is your space square footage wise. That is pretty important information when choosing a single light. I'd go with a 1000w for shits and giggles though. And not DWC. That's so many air stones, and pumps and gallons upon gallons of solution. DWC is good for 1 or 2 plants, not so much for a big grow. I'd suggest an Ebb Flow system, or even a top feed drip system with hydroton. It'll be less expensive in the long run, and maybe even initially.