600W MH/HPS Tent. Vanilla Kush,Caramelo & Confidential Cheese(ALL ADVICE WANTED)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SAE1856, Sep 30, 2011.

1. #1 SAE1856, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
    Whats up GC. This forums awesome! Just wanna go ahead and say thanks to anyone who lends a hand in this adventure. I'll do my best to update as much as possible.

MY SETUP
    2'7"X2'7"X6' Tent
    424 CFM Inline fan blowing heat into the attic
    80 CFM duct fan bringing air in
    32" oscillating fan
    Dimmable 600W Hps/MH with a Cooltube 6 reflector
    4 Airpots. 3.2 GL
    Fox Farm Happy Frog soil

SEEDS
    1 Fem Vanilla Kush
    2 Fem Caramelo from Delicous Seeds
    1 Confidential Cheese(freebie)

Temps for the first 6 days were right around 87-92F when i was having exhaust issues but since i've fixed the issue and temps have been hovering around 79-81F at all times. I just ordered a 80CFM duct fan to bring more air in too.

I'm putting my heart and soul into this so please chime in if you see somewhere i can improve on. No camera right now except for iphone and i've heard they can track your pictures to your phone. getting paid this weekend so i'll pictures up soon. The Vanilla Kush seed is still in the mail so it's gonna be a week or two behind the other three.

DAY 7
    Both Caramelo's are 3" tall.
    Confidential Cheese is 2 1/4" tall.
    Im running my MH conversion bulb at 50%(300W) at about 2'6" away from the soil.
    PICTURES COMING SOON
    I'll post some pictures of my last grow too. 3 autoflowering Onyx plants grown under 8 CFL's.

Thanks for stoppin by. Post somethin stoners!!!

UPDATE
    Scroll down for pictures!!!

2. So what do you guys think about me running my light at 50%? How long should I wait to crank it up to 75%?

3. How far along are you ladies bro? Probably steadily incline as you roll. Wait a few day then turn it up. Can't wait to see the setup dude:wave:

4. whats up man, 8 days now. ya i'm gonna wait till the vanilla kush gets here to turn it up to 75%. I cant wait to post pictures, it's a beutiful setup,lol. its just like i always dreamed of. Do you think the vanilla kush being 2 weeks behind the other three is gonna cause any trouble. also, i'd like to grow them to 3'-3' 6" tall. how tall do you think I should let them veg. before i switch to 12/12?

5. Switch to 12/12 when they are about a 2 feet. Depending on whether you top them or not. If you top them most the time the don't stretch as much.:smoke:

6. how in the hell do i load pictures off my ihpoto library on my mac??lol. im struggling

7. Their is a little paperclip with a downward arrow. Click on that and you can only download 2or3 at a time otherwise it fucks up. Also it will not take photos that are in super fine on your camera.:cool:

8. #8 SAE1856, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
    DAY 10
    All 3 ladies together!! still waiting on the Vanilla Kush seed to get here.

DSCN0215.jpg
    Confidential Cheese
    DSCN0218.jpg
    Caramelo#1. The large leaves seem to be a little droopy. i may have overwatered a little bit last time i watered them. it could also be from the high temps from the first 6 days.
    DSCN0217.jpg
    Caramelo#2. the large leaves are also a little droopy.
    DSCN0216.jpg

Temps with the lights on are 79F, lights off are 72-74F. All 3 plants are around 3" tall. ENJOY!!!!:smoke:

9. Summers harvest from my first grow. 2 Onyx plants from Short Stuff. Not the greatest stuff ever but its still curing so maybe it'll get better.:smoke:
    DSCN0213.jpg

DSCN0208.jpg

DSCN0209.jpg

10. When do you guys think I should top/FIM my ladies?? im planning on letting them get 15-20" before i switch to 12/12. probably gonna do some kind of scrog too.

11. #12 SAE1856, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    Vanilla Kush arrived!!!! :hello: got it soaking in distilled water for the night and then gonna put in wet paper towel for another day or two. temps get up to 80F with the light on and down to 73F with the lights off.
    DAY 12

Caramelo #1.

DSCN0238.jpg

Caramelo #2

DSCN0239.jpg

Confidential Cheese

DSCN0240.jpg

CoolTube 6 with the MH conversion bulb. still running it at 50%(300W). I'll prolly crank it up to 75% when i put the VK in soil. I cant freakin wait:D

DSCN0241.jpg

im currently curing my summers harvest of Onyx. I put a couple slices of lemon peel in the mason jar with the bud earlier, smells aweome!! ill post some pictures of that later.

Anyone got a suggestion for when I should top/FIM the ladies?? I've never done it so i'm pretty clueless on topping and FIM. i wanna let them get to about 15" before i switch to 12/12, keep in mind the VK will be 14 or 15 days behind the others.

Enjoy!!:smoke:

12. #13 SAE1856, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    Anybody got any suggestions on when i should top the ladies? and maybe when to put my screen in for scrog? The Vanilla Kush seed is germinating a lot faster than the other 3 did. it'll be ready for some happy frog tomorrow!!! :D

13. How many inches above your pots are you putting the screen?I would let the girls get a few more leaf sets before topping but its up to you Id let em get a bit bigger though.

I have my screen at 12 inches but Im prob gonna lower it a little next time depends have to judge what height I can still reach under there to prune and water.8 inches id say would be ideal to really be able to spread those branches horizontally Im only in the middle of my first attempt so still experimenting myself.Whats you battle plan?lol

14. Your setup looks good Id say its gonna turn out great your gonna love scroggin

15. whats up exs, preciate you stoppin by. i was just admiring your set up yesterday. that space your growing in is slick. im not sure still, first time with topping and scrogging so i'm open for suggestions. from what i've been reading 9-10" seems to be the best but what do i know..lol. i've got about 3'6", maybe a tad more, of grow room for these ladies so i wanna make sure they dont grow to tall. im so excited man, this is literally like my dream grow setup.lol. i really dont wanna mess this up so i'm trying to take in as much as possible from the OG's around here like you.

16. Im not an OG at all Im a beginner thats only my second ever grow thanks though!Goes to show anybody can do it.My advice would be if your runnin the vanilla kush and its 2 weeks behind just allow less space on the screen for it and make sure the other 3 fill in the rest.

Just checked out the genetics of your plants quickly.It says caramello are 70/30 sativa dom(same as both strains that Im growin) and that the other 2 are both indica dom.To keep an even canopy your gonna have to train the sativa for longer when stretch kicks in so allow space for that on the screen meaning you give more space to those 2 overall.

Is that 3'6'' the total or just up to the light when its at its max height?Hard to tell this early when to flip to 12/12 just keep an eye on the plants Ill give you input on it if you want it-Im definitely no expert just worked out for me so Ill let you know what I did you add your knowledge to that,Ill learn from you and then hopefully we'll both grow even better weed!

17. Hi there.

Just stumbled onto your Vanilla Kush grow to compare it to my own. My VK is about 50 days old and two weeks into flowering.

I've got a detailed log here if you need a comparison to your own grow.

My VK is taking way longer than my previous grow (Sweet deep grapefruit - harvested at 60days from seed).

Nice setup and all the best on your grow :).

18. Day 32(VK day 17)

DSCN0268.jpg

DSCN0275.jpg

DSCN0269.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

probably going to flower in the next week. does anybody think the VK is growin a little slow? the newer growth is very light green, defiency?

19. heres the VK. lookin pale

DSCN0270.jpg