600w mh/hps air cooled???????

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by edwin11023, Jan 23, 2012.

1. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/iPower-Dimmable-Digital-Growing-Reflector/dp/B002TNDCVK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top]Amazon.com: New iPower Dimmable 600 Watt HPS + MH Digital Grow Light W/ 6" Air Cooled Hood Plant Growing Light Lamp. Digital HPS MH Ballast + HPS Bulb + Air Cool Reflector + Timer + Pair Yoyo: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

im planning to get this. jus want to know if anyone from GC can find me a cheaper one anywhere else with all stuff including help a bruddah low on budget :(

2. anyone help finding me a better one/cheaper? same or better quality?

3. thats not tooo bad. anyone think thats a good idea? i wanna pick this one up!

4. #4 J0hnnySick0, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
    Why? You can get it cheaper if you don't bundle a shitty timer and yoyo's.

Think about it, you only need the balast, the globe and the hood.

If you are going to get a bundle why not get one with a fan/carbon filter/grow tent included, I've seen some very good deals for lights that come with grow tents.

EDIT: Have you got your heart set on a sealed/air-cooled hood? Because the Wing syle reflectors are generally cheaper.

5. I bought the same unit from Ebay for under $200. Light, ballast and hood seem to be good but the yoyo's and timer are garbage.

6. could u send me link:D

7. Find a local hydro store, and check your local classifieds. Got a 600w hps + ballast off this grower I know for $90, and an air cooled reflector for $50 from my hydro store.

Be ready though, cuz once you get a 600w hps you are gonna need another $200-$300 to vent it properly. Can fans are expensive, but are the way to go.

I'll be picking up a can fan today to finish the ventilation for my 4x4 grow tent, then start a grow journal :) plants are already in the tent going under a sunblaster bulb.

8. That's not the right MH bulb....
    It's more blue and is just about useless to rapid plant growth...

9. #12 420Cabinets, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
    Ill post some pics of my diy fan/filter combo in a little bit so you can see what they look like.

Ps- that's the exact same light setup I have...its been running for the last 4 months and I'm very happy with it :)