600w LED growstar light distance from canopy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SKOOT3R, May 16, 2020.

1. From what I read, 30-36 inches from canopy is the zone a 600w LED should sit. Looking for confirmation

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Yeah, except that light is only 140 watts.
    At least the one on Amazon that I could find was.

You put that 36 inches from your plants and they'll
    be stretching for light.

• Like Like x 1
  3. How far would you keep that light off the top of the plants? Also, what are your thoughts on the growstar light I’m using right now? This is my first go so I’ll take all the advice I can get.

4. that’s a poor quality, one plant light. Probably 18” above the canopy is where I’d run it, but check with your plants reaction.

5. Just ordered a better light. Do you think keeping this light for a week till the new one comes in will hurt the plants?

6. definitely won’t hurt. What did you order? Hopefully it’s a quantum board or COB style light

7. See below: actual output in this one is 200w

Thoughts? Please tell me I didn’t mess up again lololol

IMG_2325.JPG

8. I have one of those led lights I have no complaints but I’ve only done a few grows you can check out my grow if you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice thanks! Got pictures posted on here?

10. still a blurple, not really what I would consider a good light. The viparspectras have trouble flowering too due to lack of poser and spectrum. You want to look into HLG, Invisible Sun, High Lights, Spiderfarmer, even Mars has a quantum board style light

11. For a first timer, will it get the job done for 1 or two grows?

12. I’ve got two of those I can’t give away. You’re here now, take the time to ask before making investments like that smh.

13. you can grow a couple plants with those two lights. I wouldn’t expect anything top shelf at all though. I just try to keep others from wasting money on those cheap Chinese lights. I’ve seen so many guys blow $200-300 on them and that would have set them up with 200 watts or so of decent quality grow lights.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Honestly as a first timer with a 2x2 tent I’m not looking for anything spectacular off the bat. If I can get a few grows from seed to harvest complete that’s the goal. Once I upgrade to larger tents then I’ll go for top shelf stuff. As long as I know these lights will grow the plants and i can get some buds out of it, mission accomplished lol.

Now if I’m told that these lights will cause issues / potential die off thennnn we’ve got an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I’m sure you’ll do just fine

• Like Like x 1
  16. Someone should start a pinned thread on Lights what to buy and what not to buy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah blurples aint great but they do the job mate. Grew the one in my profile pic with 2 old marshys. 480w total.
    Just gotta make sure you grow them wide and flat. Tall plants are the enemy with blurples cos the penetration is pish.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yea right now as long as the job gets done that’s the goal. I’ll tweak and perfect as I go moving forward. I’m just focusing on not killing them this go around haha

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thats all you can hope for first time round mate. Just dont over think things and remember that less is best.
    Its easy enough if you keep shit simple :)

• Like Like x 1