600w hps

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TATtheHOOD, Jan 12, 2013.

1. How many plants can I grow with a 600w hps? I am using happy frog medium and will be using General Hydro Flora series nutes. Strain-Super Queen

2. Depends on how large you want to grow the plants. Four to six good sized plants would work well. You can do more small plants, or just a couple of huge ones.

3. How far away should I keep it? So that's def enuf for 3-5 plants then? Will it work for flowering also?

4. [quote name='"TATtheHOOD"']How far away should I keep it? So that's def enuf for 3-5 plants then? Will it work for flowering also?[/quote]

Distance depends on if you have a cooled hood and your temps. You can go down to about 8" if you can keep it cool enough. Most people that have issues kill them with heat. Gc wont let me repost the pic, but Google hps distance chart.

Yea, it should do good with 3 to 5 plants.

Hps is better for flowering than veg, but works for both.

5. Sweet. What's the best way to keep it cool? And should I add some CFLs in there too?

6. ^^^^^

7. #7 Doc-J, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    [quote name='"TATtheHOOD"']Sweet. What's the best way to keep it cool? And should I add some CFLs in there too?[/quote]

A good ventilation system and air cooled hood is the best way. In addition a small fan or two inside the tent for circulation helps as well.

I wouldn't waste my time adding cfls. The 600w can pull a pound without them. Work on other things instead of additional cfls.

Here are my seven under a 600w after topping a few once and two of them twice. They range from 26 to 31 days from sprout.

ForumRunner_20130111_232508.png

8. Those are gorgeous. I don't have a cooled hood. And its a closet grow. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

9. [quote name='"TATtheHOOD"']

Those are gorgeous. I don't have a cooled hood. And its a closet grow. I'm sure I'll figure it out.[/quote]

Thank you.

With a 600w, you are going to have to find a way to get heat out of the closet, or you may very well cook them.

Good luck with it, this is a fun hobby.