6000W Dwc Bubba Kush/critical/flower Power

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by tokenginger, May 4, 2014.

1. So getting a little late start with starting this journal. Backstory is I have two different tents now. My smaller 4x8 has 2x1000w lights with the two critical mother plants, one bubba kush, and one flower power. Currently theyre 4 weeks into flowering.

My bigger 10x10 tent has 4x1000w lights, with 4 criticals, 6 flower power, and 6 bubba kush. These clones were potted 2 weeks ago. The setup is 5 gallon buckets with a 25 gallon reservoir. A small pump is hooked to the reservoir line with a cycle timer to recirculate the water in a sort of "ebb and flow" style.

A few more setup details for those who havent discovered my other journals...

-5 ton split ac system
    -fully sealed environment(zero exterior venting)
    -propane co2 dosing (1500ppm)
    -Scrog style growing w/ lollipop
    -Green Planet nutes, subbing the 2 parter for GH Flora Series + Calimagic. (Carboload/Big Bud for flowering)

Hope I can get back to weekly updates.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Attached an older photo of the bubba and flower power mothers to the last post on accident. 2 week difference between the two ;)

Attached Files:

3. Heres a comparison of 5 days of growth. I sometimes surprise myself ;)

Also, a note for my mother plants that are further along. Ive always used Green Planet W8 which is DERIVED from molasses, even in veg(carbohydrate for benes to feed off) however a friend encouraged me to add legit molasses as well. I picked up Hi-Brix and have been adding it to the res at the recommended "strong" dose(5ml/gal). So far now, flowering additives include AN's Carboload, AN's Big Bud(powder), Green Planet Massive, Hi-Brix, and soon will start adding Green Planet Finisher. All at recommended dosage, zero over nute issues.

In fact, I actually had to up my CaliMagic dosing when I switched to RO water(local tap has 300ppm calcium)

Attached Files:

4. #4 tokenginger, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    Acciddently posted this to my old journal... Dont oversmoke and post boys and girls... Just an updated shot of all the ladies... ill try to get a photo of the root balls... they're pretty impressive but a pain to get to with the screens. A couple updated shots of the mothers. Only 5 more weeks till harvest! The big turn switches to flower in another week or two.

Attached Files:

5. Harvesting these ladies this weekend! At full maturity and the ambers are starting to show! Hoping for 2lbs between these 4.

Attached Files:

6. #7 John Frum, May 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
    Your setup is beautiful. I would love to have the space for this sort of operation. Since you have tried both, how do you feel about screen vs no screen? Also, subbed!

7. This harvest will be my first official comparison. So Ill let you know in a couple weeks when its all weighed.

Im actually buying a house just outside of town with plans to convert the whole structure. Approx 900 sq ft of grow space initially. Just making sure everything tied up with licenses and cards and whatnot before making the investment.

8. A nice shot of the top chopped off the power flower and a nice trimmed up nug of the critical.

Attached Files:

9. Guys!!! My bubba turned purple!!! What do I do? Is this bad!? :)

Attached Files:

10. I'm all subbed up! Looks absolutely amazing!!

If not too nosy.. what's your electric bill looking like with that setup?
    for hopefully obvious reasons haha  :smoke:

Can't wait for the beauty to come! :ey:

11. 6k watts and a 5 ton ac... its about 800/month. Newest project is over 20k watts, fully dedicated 1k sqft building. All legit with local laws. Hoping to be up and running by first of the year

12. Wow that is impressive. Those numbers are just... too good to be true! You are a lucky person

13. Lol no luck, just 15k invested and a high ramen diet for the first few grows

14. Im already there buddy :)

15. Yeah you're right it's not fair to you to call it luck. You are one determined person!

16. #18 tokenginger, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
    So now that its harvested. Nothing beats the screen... Not only does the screen evenly distribute the plant for optimal light distribution, but when you lollipop, youre not having the plant waste energy on making lower wispy popcorn buds and makes it focus on those nice top colas. Sooo much of the plants went to extract... im talking the difference between 1.5 and 1.75 lbs... Not to mention how mucg trimming time is wasted on all that littke stuff also. For presentation purposes... lollipop and a screen is as good as it gets

17. Latest shot of my magic forrest :)

Thinking I may do a DIY of this ebb and flow style RDWC setup Ive got going. SUPER cheap to make and the roots love it. And as you can see the tops are happy also.

For as dense as it is, Im really surprised that back screen is sativa...

Forgot to attach

Attached Files: