6000SF facility Opinions

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Fruitytooty420, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Ok,

So this is a opinions thread and ideas. The question im asking is ideas and the best way in your opinion to set up a large scale grow in a 6000SF facility. The main area is a wide open concrete floor area. there are a few smaller room and a upper level. No heat/ac at this moment.

So would building small flowering/veg rooms in the large area be the best way to go? like say.... 6, 10x10 rooms with there own environments. Or just use the whole concrete area as one large flower room? this is the beginning stage so all ideas and suggestions are much appreciated!

Also the best way in your opinions .. Hydro or Soil for a large scale grow?

FYI, the smaller rooms could be used as clipping/drying rooms. the upper level could be used as a cloning area. I will be checking the thread regularly thank you very much.

2. any input? or ideas are much appreciated thanks.

3. This forum is almost exclusively personal growers and a few MMJ licensed suppliers, but this isn't the place where you'll find people who run the kind of operation you are talking about. Sounds commercial, which is against forum rules to discuss anyway. And to be frank, if you have to ask basic questions about an op that size then you are nowhere near ready to take on something like that.

4. Ill have to agree with Toasty here...
    a large scale grow like ur talking of takes an experienced gardener,,
    no way should it be attempted by someone that doesnt know how to grow..
    it will take years to get a decent harvest and will surly be costly...

5. i have trolled this forum for a long time before i became a member who posted toasty. I grow legally. I did not know "commercial" was against forum rules neither. I do plan on however to take on more patients.

to answer "And to be frank, if you have to ask basic questions about an op that size then you are nowhere near ready to take on something like that" . This is not a basic question. as stated this is for your guy's opinions. And would you clarify on how it is basic? there are a million different ways to set something like this up. again referring back to the post.

I believe this thread is for Grow room design and setup right? i do believe it is a valid question. so please answer me this.

6. Thats fine you agree with toasty. however because my number of posts are low does not mean i am new to growing budslinger. I dont know how you can insinuate i dont know how to grow, before you have even asked that question.

I am not going to brag about the weight i produce or the quality, that was not the reason for this post. Thanks for the response.

7. when setting up..my suggestion would be to focus on what happens between harvests,,

the method you choose will directly effect this.
    You want as lil work as possible at this point, as ur energy will be needed trimming the last crop, but ya need to have those spaces filled ASAP,
    perpetual has to drive everything..

So with that said I would say bubble buckets (hydro) is the way to go..
    pick strains that yeild high.

I to am a caregiver and grow way under my legal numbers, just because i dont have the room for that many plants..LOL...

8. go with a big flower room and feed that room from the smaller rooms..
    go for perpetual... taking some buckets out weekly to harvest and have other ready to move in...

ur right... i automatically assumed you were a newbie...sry man...
    Ive seen allot of newbs try this in my area and go broke tryin to get some bud...lol

9. I did not call you a noob, but I do still think your question is basic for that size operation. Just using the old rule of thumb of 1 plant per sq ft, you could fit up to 6,000 plants in there, I don't know of anywhere that is legal. Regardless, I still think that someone who seriously intends to take on an operation like that should have enough experience to know what basic setup would be best.

But my point here is not to argue with you or challenge you but simply to say that what you are asking is way out of the league of the people you will find here. I have tons of experience but honestly don't have much advice for you because your grow space is about a thousand times larger than mine, literally. I would think hydro would work better simply because you otherwise are talking about many tons of soil. Photos I've seen of large-scale operations have all the plants out in the open together under dozens and dozens of 1kw HPS lamps in a SOG rather than put into separate rooms.

Beyond that, it feels like you are asking a bunch of owners of single-engine two-seater prop planes how to fly a 747 around the world, we just don't know.

10. Actually, I do (mostly) :)

OP, 6 x 10'x10' rooms isn't commercial? On what planet are you referring to? Not that I care, just saying...

I would do the easiest, manageable hydro system possible. Most probably ebb&flow or ebb&grow. I'd work out how much I needed to produce and then go from there. You'll have to figure out ALL of your expenses and consider the patient list first. If you use a lot of the 6000sf you'll get busted very quickly.

It sounds like you're going to need to produce about 5lbs per month to survive, that's not hard but it's beginning to get into the realm of advanced growing so you'd better know what you're doing.

I would do multiple bloom rooms, 2k per room. Probably using digital 'flippers', a device used to use 1 ballast for 2 lights. You flip the rooms every 12 hours. Keeps the electricity usage consistent. Aim for 3lbs per room snd run 4 rooms (2 sets of ballasts). This keeps the grows smaller and easier to handle, it protects you from fucking up a little (kill everything in a room won't be the end of the day financially), multiple strains as you'd want one strain per room (usually).

If, however, you're just in it for the money then I'd put as many 1k lights in there as possible and grow as many plants as possible, once and only once.

11. LOL don't try the big dirty, thats a lot of years in federal pound you in the *** prison.

12. So I'm a long time grower. But I've done it in soil and never in large quantities. But my state now is allowing people to apply for a micro grow license. I am thinking about applying for the license. I assume Hydroponics is the easiest way to manage multiple plants. Anyone here can point me in a Direction of a commercial grower or something that I could contact and get more information from I'd be grateful.

13. you may not get much on a 10 year old thread, better make your own

good luck tho

• Like Like x 1