6000 watt

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hemphero, Nov 20, 2010.

1. for my 6 magnum hoods do i use HORTILUX high pressure bulbs all the way through.... 4 week veg and 8 week flower..... or cheap 30 dollar metal halide for veg, and hortilux for flower? the reason iask is i dont what is better hortilux hps all the way or cheap mh bulbs for veg.... PS if i could i would buy expensive mh bulbs but cant:(

2. #2 josephspare21, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2010

i can already tell u mh runs hotter then hps wich means u gatta worry about heat more the hps, but there both pretty much ganna get the same results its just pretty much the heat and the better the bulb the better ever spread and spectrum its gives off i think it was hortilux thats gives u an extra few thousand of lumes. the lifespan will be better then going and getting a chinse made cheap ass light could have alot more probs with the cheap but maybe not u deff wont get the exta 5-6 thousand lume boost.

for best results i would say mix mh and hps dose your hood support both hps and mh if so, they sell bullbs with both mh and hps in them link here.

High Tech Garden Supply

in the end it can be cheaps bulbs a still get a great grow out of it the more u spend the better spread and lume rate u get and lifespane but in the end u will only notice the diff if u r a an experienced grower not ganna make to big of a diff so dont worry about going keep alot of the times u r paying the extra money just for the name brand it is u know.

if u wanna save elcticity then veg under cfls or t5s or veg half way under cfls then other half under hps

in the end with that many lights and a good set up and sum experance in growing u r bound to get great yeild with mh or hps

here is the cheapest sit for all growing needs i live next to them and have been in there shop there super good havent walked into a hydro shop with cheaper prices they r fulley leget with there shit.

http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/Index.asp