6000 Watt Sealed Flower Room. How Does This Design Look?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by imationkarl, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Okay, we are signing a lease on a 5,000 square foot warehouse in the next week. I want to be able to add smaller, more manageable rooms as we want them versus spending our entire budget on one or two large rooms. Currently this is what I have drawn up:

20x16 room with 10 foot tall ceilings. The extra space is to keep everything more stable. (We are not limited by space whatsoever.)

The room will look like this:

oooo(1k)oooo(1k)oooo(1k)oooo(8inch 675cfm max fan)
    oooo(1k)oooo(1k)oooo(1k)oooo(8inch 675cfm max fan)

o=insulated ducting
    So, the air will draw from outside the insulated room, through a series of three 1000watts, through a 8inch max fan, to the outside of the room. There will be two rows like this with 4feet between each light and extra room to walk around.

We will inject pressurized co2 to 1500 ppm during lights on. I will likely be running 8" raptor hoods, 1000watt hortilux hps bulbs, and phantom 2 digital, dimmable ballasts.

I'm planning on a 18,000 btu air conditioner to keep the room around 65. A dehumidifier, humidifier, and heater will be used to keep everything within good parameters.

Ballasts and all heat generating equipment will be mounted on the outside of the room. Inside of room will be painted with 2 coats of flat white paint with barium sulfate added. I read this is very reflective and easy to bleach down between grows?

Each room will have 4-6 mounted 18" oscillating fans aimed at the canopy.

QUESTIONS:
    1) Will the 8" 675cfm max fan be sufficient to cool a row of three 1000's if the ducting is perfectly straight, stretched out, insulated, and sealed?

2) Will 18,000 btu air conditioner be enough to cool this room?

I will be running 1 plant per lamp with a long veg time in 30 gallon smartpots with roots organics. Fertilizer will probably consist of a recipe a friend uses which incorporates liquid pure blend grow and bloom as base supplemented with natures nectar N, P, and K as needed depending on the stage the plant is in. Also cal-mag and molasses. I am in a medical state, thus the small plant numbers. As I get more patients I will likely increase the plants per lamp to cut down on veg times and increase yields.

Thank you so much for reading! Let me know if I can further elaborate on anything. Once this is built and running in the next month I will be writing a detailed grow log with hi-res pics (got a new canon camera and lens for this sole purpose.)

2. Forgot to add, I plan on building these rooms next to each other in groups of two with a flip box LSM-12 so I can use 6 ballasts to run 12 lights on opposite day/night cycles.