600 Watts for 12-16 plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Newblicious, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Im thinking of starting a grow closet, Its about 9 feet tall, and 3x3 on the floor. Theres a shelf at the top.

A friend is hooking me up with a 600 watt light, and more equipment. With the clones in 3 gallon pots, using dirt, will that light, and maybe some flourescents along the lower sides, be enough to grow for each stage?

Also, Im told that Ventilation wont be a problem, so Im not planning on runnign intakes and outtakes for air. Ill put several fans in the closet, to keep temp down and stir up air, but several people have told me not to worry about the smell, its only bad when you harvest. When, eventually, I get to harvest, will bags of baking soda be enough while its drying, or will I need to invest in a ionizer?

2. Theres alot of things you need to factor in, have you tried the Stickys

3. Well, first off a see a huge surface area problem. In a 3x3 room, the most your going to fit is 9, and thats a tight squeeze as is. A 400 Watt covers 6-8 at the most, so a 600 wont do more than 10-12, and even thats stretching it. Not to mention over time bulbs lose their power, so if your getting a used bulb, make sure to take that into effect also.

If you do it right, you will want to purchase something for smell, but your just going to have to test and see what works depending on its potency.

Read up all you can before you start.

4. Yeah he's right, you're not going to be able to fit more than 9 plants in that space, which is near the max a 600 should be used for anyway.

5. The stickies have been very helpful for me the last few days. I have a friend that grows in about 8 inches deep soil, and has his plants about 6-8 inches apart, so I figured that I could fit a few more in.

Ive thought about putting more than one in a pot, and doing 5 gallon buckets, but most of what I have read has discouraged that, so I think Ill stay with the 3's and keep with them for the whole shabang.

I live in a very quiet building, and neither me or my roommate are to interested in having more than a few trusted people over, its definitely not a party place. Landlord presence is nonexistent, as long as bills are paid on time.

Does anybody have a few pics that they could show me of a similar setup? I have a pretty good mental picture of what It needs to be like, but would be very happy if someone could put it to picture.