60 Watt bulb?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Metalace, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Ok i know regular light bulbs wont grow plants. But ive got one of those metal heat reflectors around the bulb of it. Its about 6 - 9 inches above 6 plants in a pot. The first night i had left a pot with germed seeds. The next morning about 4 came up. So i Left light on them for the whole day. Day after that they had grown to a lil over 4 inches tall, with only there first leaves from when they pop. They are deep green. Like they should be, like if they were outside. So whats the deal? The bulb is growing them. Hows that possible?

2. they wont grow much bigger..

3. its actually a directional light clamp fixture not a heat reflector. But it does put off a good deal of heat. But its just a regular 60 watt light bulb like you use in a lamp, fan etc...

I usually grow outdoors. Most of my plants get about 5-6 feet. Then either someone debos em or they get totally infested by spider mites. Im just gonna start those babies off in one pot and move em to outdoors. But ima keep one or two indoors.

I was checking out this site that sells lights.
    http://homeharvest.com/lightingmain.htm I wanna buy one light that will work for the whole grow. I read High P. Sodium lights puts out the most lumens. They also have the highest yeild. I looked at this guide http://www.concept420.com/marijuana_lighting.htm

Which HPS would be best for just 2 plants? Im really confused about indoor lights for em. Could someone help me find the perfect HPS light for em? Fixture combos would be awsome!

4. a small grow would be fine with a 150 - 250 watt HPS lamp. Shoot for around 5,000 lumen per square foot for optimum results.

5. HP sodium lights work very well ive heard but Ive had highly succesful grows with compact flouro's, plus flouro's use less electricity, so if your hiding them from the one whos paying the electric bill its your best bet.

edit:

oh also, growing them indoors for so long then taking them outdoors, you want to make sure the stems are good and strong to withstand the wind, so use a good size fan to simulate that inside

6. From what ive read on the internet you cant grow with regular lightbulbs but I have a friend who successfully grew and budded a BC bigbud plant under a regular 100watt light and the bud was actually pretty dank it just took a week or 2 longer to finish budding.
    If I were you man I would get some CFL lights you know those curly ones they work great I have a plant about 2 feet tall under 1 23watt CFl and its just recently started to slow down. You just have to make good use of reflection when you only have one light. I dont plan on budding my plant I have under the CFL inside its just for Veg growth than its going outside when spring arrives.

7. I do have another reflector, that i could use. But i found a pack of Energy Smart 60 bulbs. There 13 watt CFL Bulbs. Would that do better than a regular 60 watt soft white bulb?