60 Day Notice

Discussion in 'General' started by StickyBudHound, Nov 6, 2018.

1. #1 StickyBudHound, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Oh joy!! In 60 days me and about 75 others are being laid off. Lovely...

I can be clean in about 2 weeks so, I'm not too worried about finding a new job. Plus, many businesses in the state (Oregon) don't even test for THC anymore.

I just hate the entire looking for work process... X3

I'm glad I haven't started my next grow yet. Gonna need to wait until everything is secure again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maybe you can find a job in the cannabis industry

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Lol, that would be pretty awesome! The thought has crossed my mind several times this year. I just need to find a weed company that needs tech support.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds like potentially, all of them :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Its Oregon so, you would think there would be a bunch of weed companies looking for talented IT tech types to support their needed infrastructure. Problem is I don't see any that are advertising for those type of positions. I've been in the IT industry since I left the Marines in 1992. I'm in management now. Not sure how I could ever get their attention...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. How does a chef get a job?

We don't look for hiring ads. We walk right on in and ask to see the owner or closest positioned manager that can assist with applying. When they tell us, naaah.... we don't need a chef. We have good cooks. We tell them to step aside... do a free trial and prove our worth.

Basically, dont look for ads saying hiring. I can assure you they all outsource their techs. They see mr. Marines the pot loving IT manager..... they might say, hey.... lets see if this guy can save us money on IT work since jim bob down the roas takes 3 days just to send out a damn texg. Keep positive man, thats a high demand career. IT is basically what chefs were in the 90s.

7. Not hard at all. I find dispensaries with shitty websites or no website at all and walk in and ask for the owners contact info then pitch to them directly. This works for literally any business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lol, the chef thing is a funny analogy.

Trust me when I tell you, no one ever looks at me and sees a pot loving IT manager. In fact, the few who I told later that I do smoke pot thought I was bullshitting them. Not once in my career have I ever come to work stoned or get stoned during work and I never smell like it. I'm clean cut, like a Marine. Precautions must be taken if you intend to play the game. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Give yourself more than 2 weeks to clean up. I always hated worrying over drug tests and when you really need a job you already have plenty to worry about. Give it a month at least. I'm old and soft (not overly fat, though) and it takes me at least 60 days, probably more lately due to an increased tolerance. It's liberating to know you'll have no problems with drug testing. Good luck, friend.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks so very much for that Cactus Ed!

I agree completely about cleaning up first. There is really no better feeling when looking for work to walk in with full confidence in your piss as well as your abilities. :yay: It sure helps the confidence shine through!

I'm all over it. I've got something that helps to quickly eliminate THC from your body. It's called Sonne's 7. When I used it in the past, I was clean in about 3 weeks. I'm using it again and also changing my diet to eliminate fats and carbs to help my body eat the body fat as energy to burn it quicker. That and some daily cardio should get me clean pretty fast.

I don't intend to put out a resume anywhere until after about 2 to 3 weeks. 60 days is gonna fly by....

11. Eliminating carbs is a good idea. I'm a recent convert to the idea a ketogenic diet to clean up faster. Leave out all carbs and your body will start burning fat for energy instead of carbs. In my mind it increases the rate of turnover of stored fat and brings the THC metabolites out so they can be eliminated. You know it's working when your breath starts smelling like acetone....fingernail polish remover.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Wait - so you don’t think this computer thing is just a passing fad?

J

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Liking you more and more. I've been keto since the end of March. Lost over 5 stone before the end of August and reversed type 2.

I have found my breath no longer stinks though and I also dont test positive for ketones in my urine. I have read various studies and it states because the body becomes accustomed to gaining sufficient calories from dietary fats - which obvs I consume copious amounts of. Still after a 12 week break from weed during that (5 years smoking at copious amounts and by the time i had a break i was eating 2lb very strong canna butter a week) smoking 1.5g in a night of a grade only just got me smashed. I feel i still need more time off though so im having another 3 months off. Not tested for thc metabolites but i should do, reckon I would have still tested positive after 84 days.

*ps not all carbs though. I say eat unlimited cruciferous vegetables.

• Like Like x 1
  14. It could be, but isn't everything in life?

15. re cards - from my cold, dead hands

16. That's my opinion too. I tried a keto diet once and started craving pasta after a few days. My wife does it without too much difficulty but she eats weird anyway, always looking for healthy shit. But it's working for her. She weighs the same now as she did 40 years ago, right at 90lbs. She's 4'10" so she's not skinny and she does cardio exercises and runs. Her naked body doesn't look any older than 30 and she's 61. I've been a lucky guy hitting that all these years.

• Like Like x 1