6 weeks into flower and they won't stop growing. wtf?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BeZtoken, Jun 23, 2011.

1. So I turned flower on 6 weeks ago 12/12 600w hps. The tallest was 20" when put into flower and now the tallest is around 70" plus the pot another 12".

They have shown buds since around 10 days in but they are not getting dense at all but are Starting to get sticky and showing crystals.
    Details
    600w hps
    4x4 grow tent
    Aurora organics soil
    5 gal pots
    Temps 80-81 light on 76-78 off
    ?Clones (suppose to be white rhino)
    Advanced nutes (first grow not again)1/2 to 3/4dose every other or third watering
    Sensi a&b base
    B52
    Bud candy
    Big bud
    Cal mag
    And gonna add overdrive last 2 weeks then 2 week flush
    10 week strain

Is there anything I can do please help.

Attached Files:

2. #2 CrossGore, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Did you put the lights back on veg? My outdoor plant looked like that when it was revegging

3. You could try bending the tall one. Mine shot up from 8 inches to 30 before they finally stopped growing.

4. #4 BeZtoken, Jun 23, 2011
    I thought about popping them and bending over a foot or so down but being so far along don't want to stress into herm. And I would be ecstatic with 30 or even 50 inchers.
    I cut the top of the tent out and put the light on the ceiling in the room to accommodate.

Attached Files:

5. #5 BeZtoken, Jun 23, 2011
    Are the buds not gettin dense because there still growing up, will they get denser if allowed to grow long enough, and can they bud for an extended amount of time without trying to reproduce?

No I didn't re veg this is 6 weeks of 12/12 light, no leaks. But yes they are growing at a veg rate and the buds are not much denser then they were at 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for all advice it is much appreciated.

6. no worries, I would bend them only if they are about to hit that light and then be patient and wait they will get thicker. Also why the 80-81deg? I normally don't go above 75deg, but my strains specifically call for that temp.

also by the looks of them they look to be 10 week flowering strain and you still have a month to go.

7. #7 BeZtoken, Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks for the re assurance bro. It's 80-81 because I had a tight budget and couldn't afford a turbo fan, got 2 inline booster fans 1 6"& 1 4". And I do plan on 10 weeks but u think they will get thick in 30 days. I sure do hope so for my sake. Not doing a perpetual grow.

8. 80-81 is just fine. MJ plants are like humans. When its to cold we get slothy and don't wanna do shit. To cold we die. To hot we get very slothy and do not wanna do shit either..to hot we die. The happy zone is what we both life and 80 works just fine.

What happens is metabolic rates go down as it gets hotter. I was in Afghanistan for 2 years of my life and they have a nation with pot all over and I assure you they survive and its like 100+ most of the year. Actually 90-100 is a nice cool spell if we ever had it. Same thing with India where many strains come from. Its like a fucking nuclear bomb went off in that country.

9. #9 BeZtoken, Jun 24, 2011
    Ya bro that's what I always thought too,thanks for the confirmation. I'll say, Name one place where mj is grown outdoors in summer other than Alaska were it don't reach 80. And I read the afghan kush mountains are loaded with mj.

10. They were I was in the Marines for the last 8 years. I was part of this external security thing other then doing my own job (air traffic control equipment) for about 8 months and we went through the hills in some areas and giant mj plants.

Extreme heat is not advised though you will get zero growth outta it thats why the temps people quote on here are the recommended temps.

Your right grows all over and usually in some extreme environments. The design of a plant tells you what its made for anyhow. Long broad leaves to catch ample sun, that dissipate heat rapidly. Its structure is not like dense bush so plenty of air can get through. THC to stop animals from munching on it. Then sticky resin sacs to catch pollen.

11. i was told that they will grow almost double the size during flower so u gotta try and accommodate that. Rhap seems to know his stuff cause i am a new grower myself and i have the same problem. I am seeing that it might be better to do pure stativas in the summer and inicas in the winter but might be wrong on that

12. #12 BeZtoken, Jun 24, 2011
    Ya I was aware of the growth that would acure during flower that's why I switched at 20" thinking 60" was gonna be the max height but the tallest has grown almost 4x.

13. #13 BeZtoken, Jun 24, 2011
    Ya rhap I assumed like most Americans when you said you were in afghanistan for 2 yrs you were probably military but didn't want to pry......so now I want to hear stories about afghan hash and walking up on a field of resin covered plants LOL.

So I talked to the guy I got the clones from yesterday and he said no worries he actually took the bottom growth off first because the tops weren't ready. But I did know this was the same first strain he started with and it was his biggest yield to date his highest yielder was 6 oz he showed me a pic of him holding a 3 foot bud with a girth of a nerf ball. That's part of what got me on this strain its also very nice smoke;)

14. Oh ok well seems like you got it all handled lol . They are gonna be some beast for sure your not growing plants your growing bball players for the wnba lol. I am very interested in the nerf size football nugs lol i would love to have something like that or even close. Keep up the great work my friend happy growing.

15. #15 BeZtoken, Jun 25, 2011
    Ya kinda bro thanks. I guess I'm just gonna let them go as long as I can, I got nothing but time just can't wait to stop buying meds. Just growing for myself and to help supply some family and maybe a little for a couple friends, all medically legal.