6 plants first grow journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by spotthedestroyer99, Nov 24, 2018.

1. First grow learning as I go seedling stage was great up until end I added nutrients too early I was eager now currently 4 and a half weeks old plants have I topped half of my plants and fimmed the other half then about a week later topped all plants at the new colas going to wait a few weeks and see if I should top again or just leave them have also exfoliated today taking off a few fan leaves to allow more light as I'm only getting about 200 watts for 6 plants until my new light arrives florahydro nutrients rolandro 300 watt LED blurple light promix organic vegetable soil in a 4x4 tent IMG_20181025_215140.jpg IMG_20181026_155106.jpg IMG_20181028_230817.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looking pretty good considering they had a rough start. Time to start training, though. Otherwise you're gonna have vertical problems real fast.

3. Yes have topped 3 of them twice and 3 of them have been fimmed once and topped once not sure where to go from here next grow will be only 4 just started more incase of males so not worried about flowering early but was thinking of tieing them down

4. Whoa, you're pushing them too hard too fast. They're barely a month old. Do your first top/fim when they have 3 or 4 nodes, which should be around 2 weeks. Maybe a bit sooner, depends on the plant. Then wait till the next node comes in before cutting again. Always remember that cutting basically halts growth for a few days, so factor that into your veg time. It's a good idea to start tying them down early, usually 2 or 3 nodes high, so before you start cutting. You first grow will be exciting, but don't let that trick you into rushing. Overstressing plants is like asking for hermies.

5. My plan was to let them chill out I topped at 4th node and after a day they exploded with growth and I waited another 4 days till the next top but my plan is to leave them but ill definitely tone it down let them relax

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. But thank you for the input it helps alot I really have no clue what I'm doing beside what I've researched I assumed I was rushing a bit but I took the fast comeback after the first top as a good sign

7. Alright, good deal. If we want these ladies to treat us right, then we gotta do the same for them. Stay vigilant, and good luck.

8. Plants looking good but just ordered new pots should be here in a few days some 5 gal fabric pots cuz I realized the roots are growing out of the bottom of pots slight bit of white fuzz hoping they will last until New pots get here

9. They should be ok till your new pots get here. Nice to see them looking good after a little hiccup. Nice first grow dude. Good luck.

EDIT: a little root bound is ok. Keeps the soil together when you swap pots.

10. It's quick shipping so only a few days would like to learn as much as possible not too worried about yeild on first grow aslong as at least one lives till the end I'll consider it a success don't exactly have a green thumb

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Which brand of LED are you using?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rolandro 300 watt blurple but it only draws 140 need to get another light

13. Has worked good so far but if these all turn out to be female it won't be enough in a 4x4 tent next grow is just 4 plants cuz they will be from clones

14. Yeah I’m looking at get meizhi LEDs for my first grow just to get going. I’ve seen mostly good things about them

15. I wanted to get growing asap so I chose basically the first light I saw shoulda researched and used that money for a better one

16. Research is hard when one person will say the light is great and the other person says it sucks haha. Everyone has opinions.
    What do you plan on upgrading to?

17. Was going to get a 2000 w bestva also blurple but they get their wattage number from the number of LEDs and how much each is so real wattage is like 600 on that light qb boards are also real good when they are in stock everywhere I've asked for ideas for a good growlight those have been recommended by at least 2 people

18. I'm not an expert tho I could be wrong best idea is to find someone expirenced that can give you a non biased opinion