6 hps 1000's 8-10lbs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ksr69, Dec 30, 2010.

1. ive got 6 1000's in my room and wondering if anyone has ever or can estimate weight.. with these lights plus some t5's on the floor.. anybody pull 8-10lbs?? I would love to hear that it can be done. I feel like my setup is pretty good but im always open to advise..

2. no clue but that electrical bill is about to be over 1g a month easy

3. And that is pretty dam suspicious of a light bill. Even though the chances of you being raided are pretty slim.

4. especially once you go over baseline usage and the energy rate goes up by like 4x, talkin like 44 cents/kwh

plus the cost of fans and AC you're talkin like 1500 or 2k

5. If you want a REALLY rough estimate, the benchmark for experienced growers who know the strain they are growing is 1g/watt. So, yes, 10lbs is possible if you know what you are doing and by following the 1g/watt idea, you could get about 13 lbs once you have everything dialed in.

6. easy with co2, attainable without depending on strain and know how.

7. Damn. That is expensive as hell. I pay 10.2 cents/kwh.

8. i pay 14 (i think) but once you go over the monthly "base rate" for what normal people use in electricity you get charged out the ass, like overtime minutes

9. #9 janemba, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010
    when building a room my staple is 1.5lbs per 1000watt. thats roughly .68g per watt. this is slighlty above average and i no i can hit this, when im over i exceed my expectations and im happy...

there are a lot of strains that can pull 2lbs+ per 1000w but if ur growing a kush (mostly-pure indica strain) expect less then 2lbs per 1000w.

so a 6000w room at 1.5 that is 8lbs so this is doable

but u need to take into account variables, ur skill being one, medium, strain, how many plants, how big, and environment u do everything right and this is an achievable goal

10. OP got his electrical bill and fled the country. :eek:

11. #11 ksr69, Dec 31, 2010
    thank you all for your input. yes the electricity is a factor. like i said, ive been growing for a couple years now and no im not an expert yet.. but i would like to be :hello: thanks for telling me that 8lbs is doable.. good to hear. yes I have a full c02 set up and truthfully im not to impressed with the turnout. I havnt seen a huge difference or nothing in the final weight.. hmmmmm..
    by the way its 50/50 coco and ffof. house n garden nuts. sealed room. temp 65-75f. 32 plants. goal is 8lbs :D that would be 4 oz per plant..i dont think this will happen this round but if anyone would like to have more input thats not just about the electric bill it would be nice ;) i take any tips i can get. feel free to ask q.

12. #12 janemba, Dec 31, 2010
    as long ar u pay ur electric bill on time u wont have a problem, remember they like ur money... ive had $2300 electric bills before, it sux but it happens, i have a friend that had a large house and averaged $10K a month and he wasnt growing. if they ever call and ask about the change in usage, say u put in a plasma cutter and arc welder and ur using it alot...

good to hear ur using house and garden, i tend to stay away from soil, i get much better yields with hydroponics. u should try a water set up next grow or something see if u can get better success, my partner says ur not an expert untill u have had success and failures in every medium.
    a great set up is top fed recirc with hygroton, its easy cheap and u can pull some very good yields. also u'll get to try H&G aqua flakes... that line is great
    bubble buckets are also great. my next grow is going to be the under current set up. were gonna do it proper!

with temp i keep mine at 78 u can go as high as 80 when using CO2 (plants like higher temp with high lvls of CO2) but with my humidity i like 78

13. in 2006 when ppl were looking into al gore's electric use in his private mansion they firgured out he was using around 20x the national avg. his yearly electric cost around 30k.

so ur telling me ur freind gets 10k electric bills but gores 20 room mansion with a pool house only gets like 2.5k? BULLSHIT......

14. he lives in a beverly hills mission, he tought it was to high but asked all of his neighbors and they said 10k is pretty normal for a house that size. my bill is around 2300 and its only a 4200sqft house...
    get a big house with a lot of toys and then we'll talk

15. I know I may only have three or four posts, but WHAT A QUESTION. SERIOUSLY. Stick to cfls and study. Who asks this question? I had to comment, rarely ever do. Are you like fifteen or are trying some get rich quick scheme. Either way get some experience before you use that much power or even feel the need to dream. From the quote of smokey in Friday "You got to crawl before you walk" A great asset I have to recommend to is Marijuana Horticulture bible by Jorge Cervantes. You can download it on the pirate bay. Priceless, hands down the best guide, it surely will help a ton.

16. just wondering how tall are you growing these buddies an average house ceiling is 8' take your hood and a little hang your down to 6' then 18" from lights 4ish pot 12" you got a 3 foot plant so please tell me how i can pull 8-10 lbs out of 30 5gallon potts

17. great input! i actually have made a dozen bubble buckets to give it a try. I have the aqua flakes but for some reason it wasnt working out for me. I almost wanna say that the water was to warm. but I really dont know. I tried and tried then went back to soil cause i didnt wanna keep spending time on somthing that wasnt working for me. Not like im against hydro at all! I would loove to master it.. just couldnt get the set up quite right. I also tried the top fed with hy rocks.. same results. the plant barly grew then i switched her back to soil and she took off. Like i said.. i would love to grow hydro cause thats what tons of people keep on talking bout. so far i just havnt been inpressed all the way around. even with the quality of buds.. I just havnt QUITE found the quality of my soil with hydro.. nothing against it at all.. Ive seen hydro buds that are 10 outa 10.. but the smoke is only like a 6 :(..

18. Excuse me but you didn't ask me how much experience or my background.. I did not ask someone to act intrusive toward me. you have no idea how much I've been "crawling" thanks for your input.

19. why are you going to start with 6 1000s. get a single 1000 dialed in before you try such a giant grow. dont try to learn on a big grow. 1500-2000 dollar a month bills will bankrupt you if you have a bad harvest. start small and work your way up.

20. [quote name='coloradokid']just wondering how tall are you growing these buddies an average house ceiling is 8' take your hood and a little hang your down to 6' then 18" from lights 4ish pot 12" you got a 3 foot plant so please tell me how i can pull 8-10 lbs out of 30 5ga

The tallest would be about 1.5 meters.