6 Days in (first grow)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by YeahhBuddy, Aug 28, 2013.

1. #1 YeahhBuddy, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
    Here's another update on my first grow, as you can see from the pictures I think 4 of them are doing alright, the leaves look a little brownish, not sure if that is okay, any advice would be appreciated, and the other 2 seem to be a bit slow, one of them is completely looped around itself and I have no idea what that means, is there anyway to fix it?, my other seeds had no problems sprouting except for that little guy, was he planted upside down maybe?

Attached Files:

2. How much light are you giving them?

3. So far, so good! 

Seeds are tricky.  Not all of them will break open and grow properly.   That's why there are thousands per plant.  Only some will survive.  That's part of how evolution works, and the strong survive.  

But in the grow room, we can intervene with mother nature.  that one that's looped over on itself probably would have been fine if it hatched out of the dirt, but it just can't seem to break free from its shell.  You can examine it closely to determine which side is stuck in the cube, and gently pull the seed side out, while not disturbing the tap root that is in the cube.   Then , if you look at the seed and imagine the open part where the plant is coming out of "pacman's mouth" You want to very gently squeeze the jaws of the mouth so the seed will tend to spread apart, and gently pull the helmet off the little plant.  The plant may be underdeveloped and die off, even if you pull the hull off.  OR you might even pull off the growing part of the plant with the hull.   Hopefully you'll be successful, but you may not.   That's what happens when you're sprouting seeds (and why you should try to sprout several at once, just in case.

Otherwise, make sure you feed them with good clean water (pH 5.8 or so)  and don't really need to feed them until they get a couple sets of leaves. 

As soon as you see green on your seedlings, they can start using light.  Get them a few inches away from some fluorescent lights, and don't let them get too hot. 

Looking good!

4. <sup>Thank you both for the reply, they are all sitting in a humidity dome under a 400watt HPS and seem to be growing fine in that condition other then those 2 slow seeds</sup>

<sup>Original Past, I came home just now to check on that looped plant, she was still stuck so I gave her a helping hand by gently pulling on her, she finally came out with some green leaves so it seems like it was still growing while being stuck in the cube, unfortunately now its so long it won't stay up straight  and is very droopy, do you think it will strengthen up enough to stand up straight?</sup>

5. Dude they are not fine and they do not look good.. They stretching so much they are falling over .. You have to dig them up bury them deeper micher Now because they have stretched so bad .and take them out of that humidity dome .. Put your light closer like 18 to 24inches above them .. If you don't do these things you might as well start over ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. They have stretched so badly trying to get to your light that's why they are falling over .. So careful take them out of the soil and re plant them just so like maybe you have a half inch above the soil

7. What jmayes said.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Oh and one more man !! Hps is flowering metal halide is for vegging .. So if you have a metal halide swap out the hps for it . if not then run with the hps or get yourself some 6500k cfl bulbs to veg it out and then use that hps to flower it . keep is posted and get those seedlings buryied deeper in your medium like asap

9. Are u going to do an update !??

10. He doesn't need more lights right now . he's using a 400 watt hps . what he needs is a mh light and he needs to move them closer .. They are way to far away from the light .. See how they are falling over ??

11. What jmayes said. Hes got enough light right now

12. Quit giving out terrible advice, please.

13. He's right dude, your advice is terrible.

14. They are right I seen u give bad info a few times on here. Ur a noob that thinks he knows everything but u don't know shit

15. Lol I don't even have time to look .. If he hasn't even raised a bitch all the way thru harvest why is he answering questions

16. great job on totally fucking this guys thread up guys. Real class act.

Stop fighting on the internet. It's dumb. answer this guys question, if any of you remember it.

17. Sorry about that guys..
    Ive cleaned up the best I can..

carry on, Gc has no interest in blades like that, we tend to weed once in a while..;)

18. G35 fucked it up we have been trying to help the guy ..

19. I know.. he is gone... Appreciate you guys helping the newbies..

:smoke:

20. Hey guys, I apologize for the delay, I was visiting family out of town for a few days, but things are back on track now, or at least I hope they are, I have some updated pictures I took today so I will post them shortly.