5J's PC grow Build to Harvest Scrog

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by 5Jperday, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Heres whats up atm.
    Ive been redoing the main cabinet over the past day or 2 and its almost completed, the hot glue wasnt strong enough and the 125w Enviro fell and smashed off the side...

And to top that off i accidentally dropped the other one i had when i was unscrewing it..

Also, a 45w Blue broke :eek:

So now i have 1 Blue 45w on all of the cuttings + mothers and everything is in the filing cabinet while i completely light seal the cutting / mother cab.

I have a new 125w red on the way for the 2 autos which are going in the PC as soon as i recieve the enviro.

im just going to order about 6 x 45w Red bulbs and DIY a nice simple reflector maybe aircooled if temps are still bad, which will be done tommorow.

The autos are like 20 days old on the photo, they are growing kinda slow but they are getting there.

Attached Files:

2. looking good, i hope my autos look as good as yours after 20 days :)

3. thanks man,
    i thought they where growing kinda slow really but maybe not. It always seems slow as fuck when there your own..

I did definately notice a pickup in growth when i put them about 60/40 coco to perlite as opposed to just coco.
    I think they are just starting to flower also, they have that slight orange tint at the very tip just before preflowers start.
    these pics at 20 days were taken about 3 or 4 days ago and they have grown almost 3 leafsets since.
    But i did transplant, change mix to perlite, upped feed + put them under 125w Red, was 45w blue before.

4. it only looks slow to you because you look at them every day, when they get their stretch on you can look at them every hours and notice a difference

it's just during early veg that things seem to take forever

but when you see the pics back after a couple of weeks, you will be amazed at how fast they grow

5. Yea,
    when i look back 7 days, the Main strawberry haze has grown incredibly..
    especially for being under just 90w all this time.

Today im replacing the broken 45w with the 45 from the cutting cab and putting in the 2 fluro tubes = 2 x 23w which should help it a bit more.

6. Still vegging up..

will probably 12/12 the lot of them in about 1 weeks time.
    Im just in the process of transplanting the autos, and going to transplant all of the plants in the filing cab also.

I made a new light fixture for the CFLs also, took about 30 mins. Pretty basic design but it really helps with temps. i got 27 degrees with just extraction in atm + 90W.

The hole at the top is where the PC fan will go and when the setup is complete there will be another fan aimed at the underneath so that the heat is constantly being dissipated

Attached Files:

7. so where does this light fixture go? is it in the top of the PC case or somewhere else?

if it's for the top of the PC case and you can keep the temps down why don't you put another three lights in the fixture?

8. nah mate,
    the fixture sits inside the filing cabinet, itd be way to big for the PC.
    The PC case is completed and has the Northernlight + royal dwarf autos in atm.

think the title is a bit misleading, this started off as a PC stealth grow but now is a PC case / Side cabinet / filing cabinet journal

9. haha sounds like me, i started off with bagseed in a cupboard, now i have them in the cupboard, autos in a PC case and photo's currently outdoors :)

it's amazing how quickly you can get more and more plants

10. haha yea man, the more the merrier

11. Nice grow 5J. Grows like this are what inspire other stealth growers.

I've got a few questions about the filing cabinet since I'm doing something similar. Did you remove the bottom of the top drawer to get more space or did you just take out the whole top drawer? Is heat an issue with the cabinet being metal or can you just use pc fans to cool down the lights?

12. aww thanks man means alot, :smoke:

and about the filing cabinet i took out the top drawer and ripped the metal part off leaving the square part. I took that and hot glued a long piece of MDF across the whole inside of the bottom drawer with enough sticking up to glue the top door on. so im only left with the bottom drawer and the top drawer stuck on basically.

and i think the metal is fine, i have most of it covered in mylar anyways and theres 3 PC fans in there. temps are about 26.5 with 135W in atm ran mostly in the day, havnt finished the extraction light trap.

il get some pics of how its setup now looks pimp.

13. Hiya guys,
    sorry it has been so long since i posted updates,
    The Royal dwarf is coming down over the next few days so i have some Xmas smoke :smoke:

The Northern lights is a little further behind RD but prolly has another week - 2.

The Royal dwarf is just starting to get a few ambers.

As for the Scrog in the filing cabinet. It was flipped to 12/12 about a week ago.

The Auto pics will be in this order.
    Day 30
    Day 35
    Day 40
    Day 40 again
    Day 50
    Day 50 again
    Day 55
    Day 55 again
    Day 61
    Day 61 again.

Pics of the Scrog will be on next post

Attached Files:

14. And the Scrog Shots.

Not too much to see here just yet, these pics are of a week or so ago however, i think they are on the day i flipped 12/12 so now they are quite a bit bigger.

Ive only got 90w on in there atm, but i will be adding 2 x 45w over the next few days. the temps are around 26C in there so i will be moving the filing cabinet into the garage where its colder.

Also, i finished my light traps and now no light escapes at all, completely light tight which is good.

Attached Files:

15. #95 5Jperday, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
    just ordered a dimmable 150w/250w/400w HPS for the filing cab, this shits about to get real :smoke:

havnt been able to upload pics in a while, need to get a new cable for my phone. Im thinking of getting a camera that can take better pics dont really wanna spend to much though.

The filing cabinet is in the garage now but the temps are really cold, like 55-68F, so i need to get some sort of heating for the pots to keep the roots warm.

There is 135w in there atm but im hoping to utilise some of the cold air with the new HPS. Afterall it can go upto 400w or down to 150w which is awesome.

Still though im not sure, maybe i will still need some sort of warmth under the canopy?

was thinking maybe wrapping pots in some sort of insulation or heat mats, but im not sure how much heating im going to need to cancel out the 55f ambient temp

going to DWC next round also, cool temps = high Dissolved oxygen = Fat roots = fat yield = happy as fuck.

any suggestions?

16. Have you even ran it with the lights on in the garage yet? Im guessing the light alone will heat up that box just fine. Test it first.
    Other than that I just read through your whole thread and you have a very similar setup going on such as mine. I started with a small cab and Im now running the Cab full scrog and LST, a PC with two flowering and a VEG area with 8 plants for next cycle.
    Your builds have inspred me to make more all the more stealth. Just takes a little more effort on my part. I wanna see some more pics of that guerilla grow. Those plants looked amazing. As for your cab, I had problems with temp because of low CFM fans, then when I added a filter, it just couldn't push enough air. I had to upgrade to a huge fan(but Im flowering in mine and don't want full smell everywhere). You have enough intake for yours? And I forget are you running passive or active intake on that cab? Keep up the good work on the grow. So happy I found this thread.

17. Thanks man your words mean alot, stealthing all the way. I think growing stealth is really addictive, i just want more and more stealth box's :rolleyes:

as for the light, i havnt tried the HPS in there yet, only ordered it today. The temps are about 55-65f ish with lights on atm, 135w. Im pretty sure it can handle the 250w, but 400w may radiate too much heat. i think theres only going to be probably around 12" from the bulb to the screen when its fitted.

About those guerilla plants, only 2 of them survived i was lucky to pull them days before the weather took hold of the rest. Those are the best photos i have of them and its a shame because the shit was soo dank. Stank like straight up amsterdam stench when lit, VERY fruity stuff, was glistening with resin too. Gonna be gearing up for this years guerilla over the next 2 months should be some fun :)

Also the filing cabinet only has like 45 cfm fans, 1 in 1 out, light trapped also so there isnt really alot of ventillation.

18. Oh ok so you did try it with just the 135w. Yeah, Im guessing that 250w will put out enough for that small space. Id wait on doing anything with that till the light comes. And 12" from the bulb is easily enough to work with. I worked with about 9-10" inches to grow. Had 12" from the top, but the bulb is as high as I can make it in the cab. You should easily get a real good canopy with that much room and not have to worry so much about stretch. And yeah I would just make both those fans as exhaust in the cab and have a passive intake with a light trap. Just my two cents though.
    -Dont usually see any smaller cabs our size with successful push intake systems. Most people find passive to be much easier have have higher success.

19. Yea man sounds good, and i was thinking about changing to a passive intake, the intake currently doesnt feel like its doing hardly anything, but i havnt bothered to change it because the temps are so cool already. On my next cycle i might do that. Being a metal filing cabinet its a bit of a ballache to cut out areas for ventillation, VERY loud with the jigsaw.

hopefully the fan comes by monday and i will be able to see whats up. I checked it today and its at 9.5 degrees C, like 50F which is really not good, im probably going to need something to raise it a few degrees when lights are off, but no idea what..

wow, never seen any camera so cheap..

im probably going to order a 50-100$ camera over the next week or so. hopefully one that can send pictures over wifi, so i dont have to connect my cable everytime.
    I dont know what to look for in a camera though. I understand that anything above 8MP shouldnt make much of a difference but i would like to take good quality video also.

Anyone know how much i would be looking at spending for a camera that takes quality 1080p video like the ones you see on youtube where they can zoom into the buds and really see the crystallisation?