`

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jhchawk, Apr 26, 2010.

1. #1 jhchawk, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    `

2. #2 Gumbo, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
    No. It has never happened.

EDIT (Serious answer)

You're probably fine. I doubt colleges do any background searches after acception.

3. If you already are accepted the only way the college can find out is another background check? I think you'll be good

4. its all good man... unfortunately I got caught up slanging 3 days after my hs graduation.. i had the same concern but found out its all good. got my case dismissed on a technicality as well lol

5. Ask your lawyer if you need to disclose the info...some schools will kick you out for not disclosing it. My guess is you will need to disclose the information, but only after you've been convicted.

6. Unless it's a felony they ain't going to give a shit

7. The same thing happened to my two friends. It's fine when its after you have been accepted. One of my friends actually was playing football at his school and there was no problem at all.:hello:

8. #8 jhchawk, Apr 26, 2010
    `

9. Are you getting financial aid from the government? If so than yes. You won't be allowed to receive financial aid from them

10. What happens if you have been arrested before applying? I need to know :(

11. You won't be getting federal aid that's for sure.
    I'm thinking you're going to Drexel?

12. False. I got a possession and paraphenelia charge AND an underage all within a week. I still have my federal aid. The only way you lose it is if your convicted of a felony. Please don't spread false information

13. #13 ihudarth, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2010
  14. I wouldn't disclose any info. Seriously they are not going to do background checks on you, unless you are doing an internim for some CEO, and literally working in his office.

Why would you risk them taking action against you? And honestly, do you really think they would pay someone to sit there and background check everyone?

You would have to be an idiot to disclose this info, just like people are idiots for admitting to marijuana convictions on the California financial aid forms.

Who cares if they could kick you out because it is not disclosed. Who would find out? Seriously even if you got arrested on campus in a few months, thats between you and the police.

The police aren't going to mail letters to your school, or talk to mommy and the principal like in HS dude.

15. dude, how did you get caught?

16. Does it matter?

Either way I do not think the cops are calling the school. Nobody cares that much about you once your an adult and in college . You gonna be in for a shocker once you hit the lecture rooms if you think the school cares enough to background check you.... :D They just want their money.

The only reason they would is if you are a complete asshole, and ruining the educational experience of others. Then they try to get you on BS to kick you out.

17. Did you get any grants or scholarships? If its a felony charge you better hope they dont find out otherwise you'll get dropped forsure.
    College probly wont trash your acceptance, as long as your paying them to be there they could care less.

18. #19 jhchawk, Apr 30, 2010
    `