55 gallon bubbleponic concept

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by fuguzilla, Apr 17, 2016.

1. So I plan on doing a 5 plant system for my first hydroponic grow.
    [​IMG]
    Stats:
    55 gallon reservoir
    19" tall from the bottom to the top (inside)
    6" net pots (4 1/4" depth from them being placed in the lid)
    120 GPH water pump for the top feed system (and will have an additional pump to drain)
    100 gallon tetra whisper air pump

So i've read seedlings do not need a top feed system until they're older
    I'll have a 3/4" fill hole drilled in as well
    with an elevation meter installed.

Grow Room set up:
    60x60x80 Apollo grow tent
    Amare SE450 cob LED's
    Carbon filter system by Apollo (the 17lb one)
    I am in the market for a c02 system and a Trimeter (having a hard time finding info on those or where to buy 1)
    If you think I'm missing anything for my grow please feel free to speak your mind :D

( i had this thread posted in the DIY but it kinda got buried) I just need an opinion on this build before I start my grow.

2. Personally as a LED snob I think cob leds are awefull. Everything else is great just make sure to have it plugged in to a GFCI.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. GFCI? Thanks bro! Ya I'm new to LEDs and a guy made an amare post that compared amare to HH amare destroyed them so I dumped 1300 for them

4. Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter. Basically when a charge over a safe number of v/w enters the outlet it shuts its self off stopping the electricity from doing more damage. Without some kind of GFCI you can easily burn down your house or zap your self pretty bad.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Can you go into more details on that?

Btw picked a good led, that's the one I went with. At least the one I liked the most. To be fair that grow wasn't a great comparison, I do look forward to his next ones thought. I'll be trying to do some as well, as I think a lot of information is lacking.

Those net pots are the roots always going to be exposes in the bucket? Is there always going to be water in that container? Is there a separate drum that's 55 gallon? Sorry just bit confused, I am just ebb and flow, so wanting to understand your system better.

It looks like roots always in water with a top feeder, and the gray looks like air stones?

6. In a dwc roots are exposed to air as they grow. Cob led systems are awefull in my opinion because they are over priced over hyped and in reality very poorly made. They dont have decent light penetration the spectrum is not right for plants the spread on the bulbs is god awefull. I would sooner buy a cfl then a cob.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ohhhh I was just gonna use a surge control

Sent from my SM-G920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. That tottaly works too XD just make sure all electric is above where the water is and the surge is designed for water

• Like Like x 1
  9. When ever around water replace the outlet with gfci plug. Can use surge protector as well, but you use gfci around water. You'll see them in bathrooms ect. Well worth the 10-15$ for its safety.

• Like Like x 2
  10. How hot do your lights run? And how high do you keep them from your plants?
    And as for my system it's a DWC so I'll be keeping the plants in hydroton and when the roots get older they'll just be dangling into the water I assume. The entire tote will be the reservoir so the pumps will be all attached inside the bottom. I made a 3/4 hole on the top to funnel out a 5 way drip emitter system that will run X amount a day (I haven't figured out the feeding schedules yet) but yea whatever the plant doesn't absorb it runs back into the reservoir.

11. OHHH I know what you're talking about yea I'll make sure to have that installed into the room. I never had to really think about that with soil grows :O

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oh ya guys, sorry I don't have pics rn but my Blue guardian Trimeter just came in :D
    I'll update the thread with the full build tonight

13. Mine are on back order :( but 30 inches in veg 24 in flower. Depends if you have lense on or not.

And I thought it was like dwc, just don't think I seen top feeding like that as well. Or maybe they do I never invested the time to learn it yet.

Should make a log and update that :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dude mine too :/ he said they'll be shipped out next week these T5's are cooking my seedlings so I'll just start a new crop right when the new lights get here, and from what I've read a bubbleponic system just speeds up the grow process because there's a couple weeks where the roots aren't long enough to reach the water

15. I got a big t5 unit 8 4ft long tubes. Donno if you got something like that, but with seedlings I start up high, like 7-12 inches. As they grow I lowered them down every day a little bit till I was able to get to a 1-2 inches with no issues. Too light at once Can be bad.

And yeah hydro is faster then soil, I have noticed it very much. Dwc to me was more work(lazy) and than and flow.

And I hope they come soon my other LED's have issues gotta return.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I mainly use ecosmart cfls because im poor =( they run cool but I use a saltwater aquarium blue led pendant and a t5 viper the viper gets hot as shit in a small area but its just a stop gap. The pendant and cfls get warm but not enough to hurt the plants unless they were right on it for a few hours. Heres what i mean by electric above the system[​IMG][​IMG]

17. Lol, I bet you will be happy when you can remove around 10 cords there :p

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hah! XD yea its a shit fest innit

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dude I got the same t5's! Hmmm :/ maybe I'll do what you're doing and germ 10 more seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I don't use it any more, I only use led. Gets to be a pain moving lights up and down, led is like 30 inchs + Hope you got lots of room.

• Like Like x 1