5000w Ebb N Gro Show Part II

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by SugarDaddie, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Thats amazing, as i said to SVTSVT, both of your grows are making me want to do somthing similar, maybe 10 plants. If i were to do this what kind of light set up do you think would work for me, would 1 1000 Watt mh/hps work for 10 or would i need more light. I no it depends on many factors such as room size, ect but just wondering what it would take to get good yields off around 10 plants. thanks

2. 1k light would cover 9-12 plants just fine, just depends on how big you wanna grow them, and genetics..which takes time to find the right plants you want.

3. 10 plants off 1000w should be PLENTY of light! Once you get it down like sugardaddie, I bet you could pull anywhere from 1 to 2lbs with good nutrients every 8 weeks (if you had a veg room). A lot of that depends on nutrients, strains, size of room, and your growing medium.

4. +rep for the setup, and beautiful buds.

Excellent grow, you are obviously giving a lot of people inspiration, myself included. I wanna know how many hours go into the chop of a harvest like that. Do you have anyone help you with harvest, or is that asking too much? Also, great security advise. You know what you're talking about.

5. good genetics is where will dictate how much he pulls, nutes are the easy part, finding the right mom takes a lot of time and growing, unless you have a collective to get clones from. but as a baseline 1 gram per watt is the norm, there was a guy on the icmag site that pulled 1.4 grams per watt, or 3.2lbs off 1k light. doing organic ebb n grow. which i am thinking of doing next.

6. Thats pretty farking insane, obviously the guy knows his shit. Bottom line is 1000w can achieve some impressive results with experience.

7. harvest takes me 10-14 days, with about 6 hrs of trimming each night, so I guess that comes out to 60-84hrs of trim work over all, I do all the work myself, (refer to rule #1 Trust no one)

it also depends on the phenotype of the plant, some plants have more leaf structure, while others don't, I had a super silver haze that was the easiest to trim, hardly had any leaf structure on it. and was all densely packed and stacked fox tail calyxes, I miss that bitch...

8. That's a lot of work. Rule #1 is a good one.

Yeah I know what'cher saying. Strains like that make the process such a breeze. I love when buds start to "foxtail". Good luck with everything.

9. I will probabaly be growing in soil, hydro seems like the way to go i just havn't really reaserched it all that much. Probabaly sounds harder than what it is.

10. Can you please provide some information about your light setup in each room when you get some time?

You seem to be using all HPS. Are they all 1000w, or a mix of 600w and 1000w? What type of bulbs do you use? I was looking in to the "Super" HPS that have a larger spectrum with more Blue and Purple light for veg, combined with the proper light for flowering.

Your grow looks awesome, and I am sure the investment is high.

I am just trying to weigh whether I should invest in a few smaller or one large HPS light. I was going to have a separate veg area that is 24/24 for clones like you are doing.

I am not trying to hijack your thread, only admiring your results and hoping to get a bit of your wisdom on lighting.

I have done a LOT of reading in the forum stickies on Grow Room setup, Electical, Lighting, Nutes, and every other sticky out there, but I just wonder what someone like you is using to get these results.

Thanks,

11. it's best to start in soil and do it for about a year, ordering different types of seeds from different reputable companies, this allows you to nail down your genetics, and find that kick ass heavy yielding mother, then switch to hydro. hydro is easier than it sounds, it really is. when i look back now, i wish i had gone hydro many years ago..it's that easy, and removes a lot of work from the process. you just have to jump in and get your feet wet.

12. the main room i mostly show photos of have 3 1k lights on light movers, the big room is 8 1/2 x 16, because of the light movers, i normally pull 7-7.5lbs in this room (42 buckets) i use digital galaxy ballast, MH during veg, and Normal HPS by hortilux.

the second room is larger, but i only have 2 1k stationary lights, same bulbs, same ballasts, with 18 buckets, I'be been thinking of adding 12 more buckets and putting those 2 lights on light movers, this should give me an extra 2lbs.

13. Wow! Wonderful thread. I am in the planing stages of setting something like this up. I too am looking at getting the Ebb & Grow. I was thinking of getting 30 buckets going under 3 600 watt HPS lights. and having a veg room under a single 600watt or 400watt MH. and getting one of those little cloner machines, 60 site and run some t5s of cfls for it.

This will be my first setup of this scale. Any tips would be appreciated...you obviously know your shit.

14. for 30 buckets, you're going to need more than 3x600, add at least another 2x600's, you planning to do small plants?

15. Thank you for the prompt reply. Have you ever tried the Hortilux Super Blue? It is a 2 in 1 bulb that has the benefits of the entire spectrum. Here is a link - EYE Hortilux SUPER BLUE

Thanks again for your input and sorry to temporarily hijack your thread.

All the best!

16. Thanks for the link, I didn't know of these new bulbs, I'll have to do some research first from other growers who used these bulbs before i buy them. I don't mind the hijacking.

17. The price is $219 at my local Hydroponics store, and they also stock a Chinese knockoff version that is $159.

I am going to buy it and use it for my entire grow, start to finish. I will start a grow journal within the next few weeks, whenever I get everything setup.

I will drop you a link via PM and you can maybe watch it when you have some time and give me some pointers as I am a total n00b at this. I am going for 8-12 plants in a 5x5 room. Still getting the details on lighting and ventilation worked out.

If the bulb sucks, I will be out $160, but from what I have read elsewhere (with no photo backup), they produce good results.

18. How are your buckets set up exactly? Did you make all of them or buy them pre-made? Looks great.

19. Daddy, I have one question I forgot to ask. Do you rent or own and what are the security implications? I own now and am contemplating finding a place to rent to up-size but am worried about landlord, etc. Have you been able to do the rent thing or is it best to own? My current mortgage is significantly higher than what I could currently rent for, but I feel a little safer owning. I hope the trimming is going well for you. I am going to consider Super Silver Haze for my next strain, although I want something short and want to grow the plants close together at a fixed distance. I was looking at Black Domina from sensi seeds or another mostly indica strain. Don't work too hard and thanks for your contribution.

20. I no you talked about growing purple plants before, just curious as to what strain you grew that came out purple, i want somthing that looks crazy haha purple weed is awsome.