5000 Watt Ebb N Grow Show

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by SugarDaddie, Jan 2, 2010.

1. #1 SugarDaddie, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
    Hey Peeps,

I'm back with a new Grow Journal, I'll be running 9 different strains this run, 7 of which were gifted to me out of Cali by a friend, of those 7, 3 are supposed to be AAA+ Medical cuts.

The Strains are, Master Purp, Watermelon Skunk, Grand Daddy Purp, Grapefruit, Romulan x G13, Deep Chocolate Chunk X Strawberry cough, Mighty Purp, OG Kush, and Diesel.

I also took a break, and been in a 2 month lull, not by choice tho, seems my OG and Diesel moms don't take kindly to being cloned, and had 2 runs of fresh clones experaince a 80% die off (first time in nearly 15yrs this has happened to me)

I also took the time to do some upgrading and reconfiguring my system.

I installed 2 more light movers in the other room, and added 12 more buckets to my 60 bucket system for a total of 72 buckets off one 55 gallon res using 2 controller buckets, one room has 42 buckets under 3) 1k lights on light movers, the other room has 30 buckets under 2 1k lights on light movers.

If the genetics gifted to me are as special as they are claimed to be, then I should be able to hit 17+ elbows. (1.5 gpw) but since I am using 9 different strains, growth patterns are gonna be a bitch to keep in check, and might affect my over all yield. so we'll see.

Nutes to be used will be the Lucas Formula, 0-8-16 ml per gallon. which means I'm using 8ml of GH Micro, and 16ml of GH Bloom per gallon of water.

I forgot to mention something that is important, my first couple of hydro runs, I was always fighting the white algae. I tried a lot of things eg 35% H2O2, physan 20, et cetera...... then i discovered Hygrozyme,, not to be confused with Hydrozyme. its an enzyme that eats up the baddies, and also eats up old organic matter and stimulates and promotes root growth.

which is quite useful, considering this is the 6th time my hydrotron is being used, as it eats away all the tiny root matter I couldnt get when i clean the stuff from my previous grow.

so i normally add about 200ml of Hygrozyme to my res once every 5-7 days. this stuff is kinda like the magic bullet that keeps everything in check and healthy. but very expensive, its around $140 a gallon. but worth every penny.

I keep my PPMS at around 1300-1400, and my EC varies from 1800-2000
    Room Temps hover around 78 degrees right now.
    Humidity stays around 43-45%
    Res temps are 68-70 degrees
    No CO2 is being used.
    I'm using Tap Water that comes out around 200-250 ppm, no need for RO water.
    Nutes General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom, The Lucas Formula 0-8-16 per gallon.

2. :hello: happy new year!!!

3. Happy New Year! Love your grows, subscribed.

4. :hello: alright , ill be watching this one...love the bigger grows and they are so hard to find on here, cant wait to see pics

5. Im tuned in my friend was wondering where you have been.

6. #6 HPSBather, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010
    Sugar ur the fckin man, I cant wait for some pics of that lineup, im:hello: gunna need some windex for my pc ;)

7. So stoked to see you up and running again. :hello:

Can't wait dude.:wave:

Peace!

8. Gonna be an interesting run, Im pullin up a chair for this one

9. 1.3 gpw, quite impressive. Good luck this time around!

10. here's my rooms all prepped and ready to grow. I'll be dropping the girls in the buckets in the next day or 2.

picture are the moms that were gifted to me.

Attached Files:

11. Looks like shes gonna be a beauty...cant wait to see this grow

12. Hell yea , I throughly enojoy your grows man , thank you.

Are you gonna continue to make a new batch on the OG and diesel even though survival rate is low?

13. it depends on how nice these cuts i got out of cali are, I can only keep so many moms alive.

14. Kewl. I'm gonna watch this grow from beginning to end.

Hey SugarDaddie, could you show us some photo's of your light movers? Do you have each light on it's own rail?

15. each light is on its own rail, i'll try and put some pics up of the light movers tomorrow.

16. #16 SugarDaddie, Jan 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2010
    heres the light movers, as you'll notice in the pic, there is a small block of wood between the rail and joists/ceiling, this is because the mounting holes for the rails are too wide, thus it does not provide a secure mount to the joists, so I improvised. and the rails are firmly secured.

in the first pic, look in the back, and you'll see my scrubber mounted up high in between the joists, I put it there for a couple reasons, 1) Heat rises, so putting it up high helps a lot to vent out the heat and keeps the temps in check, even in the hot summer time. 2) its outta the way, and doesn't take up any floor/growing space. most grow journals or grow rooms always seem to just place the scrubber on the floor, that never made sense to me. :cool:

last pic are some of my clones, they are hardening off right now before I drop them in the buckets, so they don't look all that well, but they will survive and grow up to be beautiful girls.

Attached Files:

17. question sugar, how worth it are the light rails, i have never used them , and have heard arguments from both sides, some say its worth it and some say there a waste of money for little extra you get, whats your opinion?

btw your scrubber looks like it will need a changing soon..lol

18. in my opinion, and experience, they are worth every penny. but, i think they are only good for larger ops. but we'll see when this run is over, and I figure the GPW should shut the naysayers up.

19. hmmm... see i been thinking of puchasing them, but it might run me an extra 2k in investments, how much did you pay for yours? and have you seen the rails where you can put 3 light per rail?

20. the light movers run about 190-200$ plus 30$ for the robostick to balance the light on, yeah i seen all the makes and models of light movers out there. this system i use fits my use. and works well for me. so why fix something that isn't broken?