Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

50 mg of THC

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sotrill, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Shit, me too dawg haha. nah but I got like 4 50 mg gummies and a long ass flight, so I think I'm just gonna go all out and take the 200 and just kick back and see what happens. I've only had edibles like twice though and I just passed out for hours, hopefully that's what happens

2. Honestly, if I was on an airplane and on a big dose of edibles I'd probably totally freak the fuck out.

3. Maaan if those edibles don't hit though, imma freak the fuck out

4. 50mg is plenty ever heard of a cheeba chew? theres 25mg in the original and 100 in the quad dose and 280mg in the deca dose. I ate a deca dose once and got retarded high i also slept for most of the day haha.

5. i would take 1 and a half for the ride there and back then eat the other while on your trip

6. Uh, sitting at 35,000 feet with nothing but Federally-controlled landing sites in between is not the place you really want to be freaking the fuck out, sober or otherwise.

And perhaps this thread would be a bit easier to understand if we were not trying to confuse "pure" THC (that may be extracted/dosed differently) with edibles, which are generally measured using fresh ground-up bud or AVB (i.e. measured in dry weight and added to recipes), of which the dosage and variables all depend on the quality of the bud and also how each person reacts to edibles.

Realistically, there's a lot of variables at play here that would call more for personal experimentation than hard numbers, which is what I would suggest to fine-tune any recipe, but especially before putting yourself on a plane.

7. Unfortunately, your best bet is to sample vendors & 'brands' to see what you like best, without relying too heavily on the mg/content.

Why?

The cannabinoid content means NOTHING, if they didn't know how to make the oil... :eek:

Improper processing methods are why we have so many failed edible stories, and why there is so much dosage discrepancy. For instance, the myth that you 'need more weed in edibles' than you would normally smoke... this is absolutely not the case, except that many edibles are made poorly. Without the right processing you're 'passing' MUCH more than you absorb! :eek:

It's why many people who have been fortunate enough to shop and sample around, prefer certain edibles with lower mg ratings, rather than higher.

It's more cost-effective for both the patients, and providers, if the caregivers/makers know what they are doing when making oil and edibles!

But it's also more profitable if they do a poor job, and trick their clientele into believing they need to buy more cannabis with each serving, ultimately paying more for a single dose. :mad:

When made properly, the same herb will provide much stronger, and longer-lasting sensations when taken in edible form, than it can provide when smoked!

Anyhoo!

I'm sorry if this doesn't help you much in the here and now :eek:

But hopefully it clears up or prevents some confusion you may have had in the future (ie. wondering why that little 50mg edible kicked your arse, when the 275mg left you wanting more :p Another tip is to start slow, and eat half the suggested dose when sampling a new brand.. just in case the skills of the maker of your current edible, exceed those of the last edible you sampled :D ).

8. make your own brownies if you're worried about it... or smoke it :smoking:

9. Woah. First time I've understood "paradox" go figure....
    But yea I was thinking the same question earlier thanks for the link!
    :wave: :bonging:

10. [quote name='"Marsdude"']Those that are recommending stronger doses are being a little irresponsible. You can have a bad experience if you are not careful.

It really depends on how often, how much, and how long you have been using MJ. If you are a regular (not daily) smoker than 50mg will probably be a nice strong high for you.[/quote]

yeah man but he's looking to get fucked up haha

11. You should start with a does of 1 marijuana.... anything after that and ur lookin for a bad time mmmmmkay

12. This is really good advice.

The MJ edible industry has little regulation at this time. The Health Dept. doesn't even inspect their facilities! :eek:

Right now the best way is to know your product.

13. like fuck is it!! its nowhere near that lool

14. *Contradiction, not paradox. A paradox is two completely different things, that in the end go well together.

15. I think he meant oxymoron, as in big little would be an oxymoron. But I dont think 'chill hard' is an oxymoron though

16. [quote name='"LemonHead24"']

like fuck is it!! its nowhere near that lool[/quote]

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about....learn basic math buddy....

17. [quote name='"4smoke2haze0"']

*Contradiction, not paradox. A paradox is two completely different things, that in the end go well together.[/quote]

Chill and hard are different if you relate the two and go well together, soooo....

18. re-read what i posted and you'll understand i wasnt on about the mg! i was saying fuck that to sayin than 0.05g of keif is a potent as half a g of bud

19. [quote name='"LemonHead24"']

re-read what i posted and you'll understand i wasnt on about the mg! i was saying fuck that to sayin than 0.05g of keif is a potent as half a g of bud[/quote]

Where the hell does he mention kief at all? We're talking about pure THC

20. u could always ask ur local dispensary