Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

50% iso reclaim edible, quick safety question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ByBySucker, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Hello blades, I recently cleaned all my pieces with some 50% iso alcohol. I let it evaporate for three days, the only thing left was a dark amber water. I'm assuming it was only water as I tasted it, and it smelt nothing of alcohol. If I were to boil this liquid in water and butter for 20-30 minutes, would it be safe to consume in an edible? Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It's the equivalent to REALLY REALLY dirty bong water.

You won't die from eating it, but I wouldn't want to be your toilet after you ate an edible made of resin, haha.

3. Yeah I tried it and it totally fucking sucked haha

Out of curiosity, what was your extraction process, and what exactly did you make? Did it work?

5. well, I extracted using 50 % iso then put it in a pan of boiling water with a quarter stick of butter, let it boil for 30 minutes then mixed in my noodles and flavoring. mild body buzz, mainly tired feeling. later i was sick to my stomache, but I do not know if that was related as it was several hours later.

6. iso isn't for ingesting. Thats why it says for topical use only.  it took a few hours for your intestines to start absorbing the contaminants left behind. Extract with ethyl only, unless you like being sick. :confused_2:

7. Yeah I thought it had been evaporated off completely. Paid for my negligence.

8. live and learn my man. :smoke: