50-75 plants

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Keep It Green, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Hey all. What type of lights would you recommend for 50-75 plants, 600watters or 1000watters? how many plants could i get away with on 2 1000watters? i was thinkin goin all HID lighting no cfls or floros.

2. what 50-75 plants under 2,000 lights wont be good...its like 150 mininum for each plant, and even then 200 is highly recommended for each. do the math, 150 x 50 = 7,500w

:bolt:good luck!!!!

3. Ive heard you want 100 for one plant then 50w per each additional plant. but damnnnnnn what your sayin 7,500 watts! and its like 400 dollars for 1 1000 watt so thas like 3000 dollars just for lights! lol

4. no 100 is way toooooo little, 150w, but 200 is highly recommened. i was growing one plant under 175w CFL and it took me 2 months just to grow it up to 2 feet, imagine 100w how long that will take. 150 is border line min. but 200 is highly recommened. and every plant you add doesnt mean all you do is add an extra 50w, you gotta add a extra 150w, unless your growing under 1,000w im sure having 10 plants under 1,000 will be good.

5. yeah i probably just do 10 per each 1000watter. looks like im gonna be loosin an arm and a leg for this one lol

6. That's what I do 1000 watts 10 plants 4 gallon pots. About 2 plus ounces per plant.

7. hmmm to save money should i veg with floros??

8. The minimum,...not the recommended,...is 100w for the first light and 50w for each additional plant. That's the MINIMUM and that's for HID. It's DOUBLE if using cfl's.

The fact you even mentioned 50-75 plants in the same sentence as 2x 100watt lights, makes me think you really don't have the experience yet to handle a 50-75 plant grow

Start smaller, learn the game before you tackle a commercial op.

my .02

9. well my cousin whos gonna be my partner on this has grown 50 before. but i was just getting facts from the good people on GC. And i said how many could i do with 2 1000watters i knew there was no way i could do 50 plants with just 2 1000watters

10. So your partner already has the gear to grow 50, I don't get it.

11. no. he did his like 5 years ago then moved. he gave all his stuff to his friend that was still growing. but now he wants to start again.

12. Generous dude giving away a few grand in gear. So this guy, your cousin, he ran 50 plants before and doesn't know if he should be running 600's or 1000's this time ???

C'mon man,...I think the BS flag is getting ready to fly here.....:bolt:

moving on......

13. yea i made a mistake when giving advice because i was looking back on my own experience instead of the basic guidlines. i been using CFL's for my past growth, about to order some HPS and MH :smoke:

and yea if you want to start growing, do some reading first, and mainly dont make up any stories, sooner or later the BS shows and tells. i use to skate when i was younger, and my skates ran me like 300 and i was only 13 so till this day i have those skates and i dont even skate no more...people dont just give or throw things away for free.

14. #15 IGotTheCottons, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    Wouldn't you go by the square footage, and not the plant count? I've got 7 plants going, on 617 watts of light (400w HPS, and 8, 27w CFL), and they're doing fantastic... But it's because they're in a 36Lx20Wx60H tent. This is day 1 of 12/12 (when the lights first came on, after a 20 hour dark period):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the group:

[​IMG]

...I always thought it was 75-100w minimum (HID), per square foot... But I could be wrong about that. Right now I'm runnin 123.4w, psf... And my plants are more than content. I could still be getting good results with just a 400w, hps... The addition of the CFL's just made 'em go crazy. :D

15. i havent talked to him about lights and stuff yet. we just talked about location. im trying to find out some facts from the good people here at GC. look if you think this is bs you dont have to try and help me. have a good day.

16. like i said before i made a mistake on my part by talking about CFL's. but even then, your creating a stress full enviorment for your plants by shoving them into a small area. (i could be wrong on this because when i was reading a thread on plant space i was :smoke: ) also when you have 2 or 3 or 4 plants under a (example) 200w youll grow less yield compared to just having 1 plant under 200w.

so again i made a mistake on my part because i was talking about CFL and not HID

17. Nice setup thanks for not criticizing. and i thought the same about HID

18. btw IGotCotton, cool looking setup

19. no one here is criticizing you, we're just tryin to figure out some things and give you good advice :p