5 gallon buckets and germinated seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nalvar7, Dec 7, 2006.

1. I was wondering if it would be okay to plant my germinated seeds in a 5 gallon bucket of soil. I heard of people having root growth problems when doing this. Also, I purchased organic soil with manure in it with a npk ratio of 5-5-5: would it be okay to start them out with this soil.?

2. Here's a response that I received the other day when I posted a similar question about my current grow:

Thanks again VTec for the replies!!

One more reason to start in smaller pots is they take up much less room. You can raise the plants in smaller pots, then when you find which ones are females, just replant them into the 5g buckets, and switch over to flower....

3. thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated.

4. wow i didnt know that.. makes sense.

5. Always nice when I find someone who I give help to, later, help others. My pleasure and keepem green :)

6. I smell BS !!!

Plants grown directly in the ground do not show any stunted growth, in fact the opposite occurs, and they can be in pots thousands of miles wide!!!!

My own ladies go into as big a pot as I can handle - 11 UKgallons - as soon as they show sex. And I averaged over 18 ounces (dried) a plant this year.