5 diffrent strains, 21 days into flowering, 75% yellow fan leaves??? why??????

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Purplesmokeman, Apr 11, 2005.

1. the fan leaves turn yellow from the bottom up. the bottom ones dry and fall off. day 21 into flowering, have 5 diffrent moters plants.

FLO

GOD BUD

BLUEBERRY

NL#5

BLUEMOONSHINE

i have attached some pics

im using a 2,000 watts of HPS.

i dont think they are over watered. i have added proper nutrients. they are in five galon pots with only 3 gallons of soil filled into them.

SOMEONE SHED SOME LIGHT PLEASE on this because it is stressing me out

the temp on the cannabis is 74-84 when lights on and the humidity is 54-62
    when the lighs are out the temp is about 65 with the humidity at about 65-70

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      35.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      37.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      42.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      26.8 KB
      Views:
  2. its pretty normal man, just let it be.

plants use up the N nutrient and the leaves yellow and fall off, but thats because all energy is going to the buds.

BTW nice looking plants man, good luck! :wave:

3. I didn't think it was normal for them to be that yellow at 21 days of budding but the buds seem very well developed so i could just be that the plants are developing (using the nitrogen very fast, as said by THC101) but keep an eye out for any sign of a problem becuase you still have about half way left to go and we wouldn't want some nice lookin buds like those to go to waste. Looks like your gonna have some fat buds on your hands, whats your watering amount and frequency like and what ferts you using?

4. During early flower you will still want to suppliment for Nitrogen (as the plant will stretch until mid flower). I suggest using Fox Farm Tiger Bloom - it has an NPK ratio of 2-8-4......at about mid to late flower I prefer to induce a little nitrogen deficiency and yellowing. This reverts ALL the plants energy to flowering and discourages chloropyllous growth. For late flower I use earth juice bloom - or fox farm big bloom. Its ok to see some yelllowing in mid to late flower, but in early flower you still want the plant to be able to stretch for max yield.

dan-o

5. Thanks all for your help, here is some more info:

I did the veg 24/24 with lights on all the time using a 1000 watt Metal Halide. I veged for 28 days until all the plants reached 22 inches (almost 2 feet)... they are about 35 inches now, (3feet) i only got about a foot of new groth when i went to 12/12 to flower.

is it normal? to only get 12 inches in 3 weeks, im using 2000 watts of HPS for flowering.

I check the water with measuring tool, that has a scale from 1-10, 10 being real wet, and 1 being real dry. i water every 2 or 3 days, i check to see what my meeter says, when it gets to 3 i then water.

I used organic soil mix with an NBK of: 1.89-0.52-0.52 i then added blood meal, not a lot but half what is recomended per what the box said.

once a week during the veg i added miracle gro with NBK of 30-10-10
    now during the flowring im using Peters Super bloom with NBK of 10-50-10 once a week, i use 1 tsp per gallon of water.

6. well ill need to upload somepicks but mine show very little if none of this yellowing you got i think you got a nute def probobly locked out from unstable ph and your watering alot so i am assuming its tap water which is probobly not too good for your plants get a soil ph tester you can get a cheap one for about 20 bucks and get it down around6 to 6.5 anf they will still use n throughout most of your flowering just not as much as they were and should remain nice and green