5 days old

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by prohet, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Hey,

So I am new to this.. my brain absorbed as much info as possible. Here is my setup:

- 7x CFL 23w 6500K (each is equivalent to 100W);
    - 1x CFL 40w 2700K (equivalent to 150W);

I made a reflector shield using an old furnace pipe, and it reflects very well. My plan is to add 2 more 23w 6500K and 1 more 40w 2700K tomorrow, as well as to wrap one of those emergency blankets over top to reflect as much light as possible. I will keep this until the flowering stage starts, then I will switch to 8 2700K and 3 6500K CFLs.

I also have a fan running on low in the background, for some air flow. It also spreads the heat a bit, which is a nice 20 Celsius.

For soil, I used Cactus soil and mixed it with some fine Akadama (from my bonsai project). The PH is a nice 6.8.

Take a look at the pictures, one is a close up of one of my 5 plants, 5 days old, the other one shows the setup sort of. It looks kind of dark, but it is so light I have to keep my eyes half closed.

Cheers, and thanks for all the info on this forum! I would appreciate some tips or constructive feedback!

Prohet

Attached Files:

2. hey bro, hows the grow going. mine sprouted on 12/20 so I'm a few days behind you. would love to see some updates tho. Oh another question, how did you add your pics, im having a hell of time trying to add to my journal.
    happy growing

3. Looks good man. Be ready to swap out those 6500 when the flowering begins. You probably know that.

Best of success!

4. I'll follow your journal, too. Mine are 17 days old now, and after an accidental dosage of fertilizer (left over in watering can), I replaced the soil. They are starting to come back now.

I will post some pictures tomorrow

5. Here is a picture of the two babies. Note the bottom leafs are burned due to the left over fertilizer in the watering can.

Plants are 24/7 under 7x 6500K 23w, as I removed the 2700K for now. Humidity is 40-45% and temperature is constant 21C.

I am debating if I should go to 18/6 or not...

Attached Files:

6. looking good to me, Im using 24/7, but lots of people speak negatively about it. Why did you take out the 2700k? How old are they now. Are these bagseed?

7. #7 prohet, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    they are 18 days old... no bagseeds though. I removed the 2700k 50w CFL due to the additional heat it was giving off..

8. great bro, im gonna be posting my pics probably later tonight, today is day 6 for me.