5 days no water?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kroda, Apr 2, 2018.

1. My plant is at the start of flowering and i have to go off for 4-5 days for a very important trip and i will have to leave ma babies alone :(. I know the plants can handle no water for 3 days easily(i water them every 2nd or 3rd day ) but i don't know if they will survive the stretch of time :/. Any ideas on what i should do?

2. Usually watering evry 2-3 days is a bit too often, and means you are either over-watering them or your pots are too small. You can protect yourself a bit against periods of absence by using less perlite in soil mixes, using some coco-coir in the soil mix, or using larger pots that can hold more water (or growing smaller plants that use less).

You could water them very heavily by giving them some, waiting a while then giving more so you really drench it and it has a chance to soak in to all the soil fully. Then just chance it on the timing. If after 2-3 days the pots are normally kind of dry but not really dry-dry then that might do.

You can make things better for lasting 4-5 days by reducing the heat/light stress on the plant. More heat and light means more respiration, which means more water used. Raising the lights, keeping the ambient conditions cooler e.g. central heating off while away or changing the light schedule to coincide with the coolest part of the day, running a shorter light schedule for those few days e.g. 10/14, turning off the bloom function of LEDs or turning down a HPS from 600 to 400. These are all small changes that could extend the 3 days you usually wait for to 5 days. Depending on your setup just one could be enough, or maybe a few of them in combination.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I've had to leave for 7-8 days. The larger the pot the better you'll be but you simply need to do what you need to do. Water deep as close to when you leave and leave a little extra in your saucer. Typically by day 7 they're dry and wilting but a splash of juice and they're good to go. Im from the belief a little stress from underwatering a couple times makes more potent buds.

• Like Like x 2
  4. or
    [​IMG]

or
    th.jpg
    or
    e7d32b67ed2af677a33aa9f46d6255df.jpg

there are ways

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. thanks dude that was very informative and i learned some things i didn't know :) thumbs up for that

6. Just water them before you leave. They will be fine. Water every 4-5 days. Just because the top few inches is dry doesnt mean the middle and bottom are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The clear round (things that look like big tear drops) they sell those at Lowe’s! I saw them just yesterday inside near their plants and jiffy peat pellets

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. #9 MrsMcgreggor, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    you need the Long neck of a wine bottle
    get it DOWN into the pot
    otherwise the water all run out.

have SEEN someone using this once.
    [​IMG]
    it was kind of neat.
    an I thought self....
    remember dat.

then again am a DIYer so dem wine bottles enamor me

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. It works . Used it for almost a month the first time and subsequent to that on a 5 day .

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. I HAVE GOT TO STAY OUT OF YOU-TUBE

well ya ... you go to look up one quick thing,,, 3 hours latter
    and you have the plans for thermal nucualr war.

but thats not why ya went there...

I just wantned to find you a couple clevor FREE solutions.

• Like Like x 1