5 day vacation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ZeKushUpQueen, Oct 8, 2016.

1. So Im taking a trip to the beautiful state of CO shortly!! So excited. But I have some anxiety because I have come to realize I cant use a timer.
    Im using CFLs and the box says do not use with timers.
    I have a friend able to come by a couple times in this 5 day period to briefly check on them.
    One is about 2 weeks into flower and the other is about to start. My question is... should I leave the lights in 24 hours while Im gone? Im paranoid about a fire though Or... set them near a window where they can get some daylight and risk them stunting. Not sure what to do and driving myself nuts. Suggestions and tips welcome.
    I have four 40w CFL bulbs.

2. I should also mention they are hanging from a socket extension cord, with a y splitter. So 2 lights per cord. I can take a photo when I get home later.
    Also have a oscillating tower fan in there.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Ugh that stinks. Tough call. I'd personally just leave lights on 24/7 but it's your call. I feel ya man I've been there

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Never been in that position before, but what I would do is, leave the lights on 24/7 while away and water (if need be feed) them before you leave. Maybe even put a pan underneath them with water in it.

5. I have had about 200 watts of cfls ...actual watts on 2 different timers for a month now and I've had absolutely no issues. Mine said the same thing, just my 2 cents

New and open to any suggestions from the masters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I ended up buying a timer and will test it for a few days before I leave. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. From what I've been able to gather over the years, is that timers are not all the same. The mechanical timers seem to work fine for most who use CFLs. I've done it, even on bulbs that specified not to use on timers and dimmers. But I can see your concern. I think you'll be fine whatever you decide. As for your fire risk, I think if your extensions cords and splitters are in proper order you will be fine.

• Like Like x 1