5 Bucket Hydro System. First ever grow. 2 weeks in

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by cinderellax, Sep 1, 2012.

1. #1 cinderellax, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    ((Sorry my pics are huge, I'll fix them soon!!))

So my husband and I just started our first grow. He's more experienced than I am, but learning quickly. And thank god for the Cannabis Grow Bible, am I right?

Here is a link to my very active first post that has a lot more detail starting from Day 1.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1096629-hydro-grow-system-first-grow-ever-pics-inside.html

Crop:
    White Widow, Pineapple Express, and Green Crack

Specs:
    We have a 4x4 grow tent, 600W Virtual Sun System (made in USA), ActiveAqua 1/10 HP chiller, HTG Supply carbon filter, 435 CFM 6" inline fan, 18W and 20W air pumps. RDWC hydro system, 1 controller bucket and 4 3.5 gallon buckets.

I'd also like to mention we're running double air and water pump lines to each bucket.

Transplanted from soil:
    August 22, 2012

Notes:
    Like I mentioned before, this is my first grow ever and my husbands first serious grow. He's grown a few plants from seeds but also is very educated when it comes to the plant and growing it. If anyone has any pointers, we'd love your input. Any helpful tips are appreciated.

Added ScrOG net 8/31/12 because White Widow is growing too tall too fast.

What do you think of our girls so far?
    (yes we originally had 4 plants, don't ask what happened to the 4th lol)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Quick update as of this morning. White Widow is growing through the ScrOG net beautifully. When we first opened the tent, Pineapple Express was still barely touching the net and now an hour later she has half a fan leaf coming through a square. Really awesome! Will post pics soon :)

3. Time checked: Today 10:15 am
    Last water change: 8/29
    Water temp: 68*
    PPM: 740, sucked up nutes since last night
    PH 5.8

4. Cool. Just about to try a similar 5 bucket dwc grow. subbed. good luck!

5. I am subbed, look forward to seeing them go.

6. [quote name='"drgoodbud"'] look forward to seeing them go.[/quote]

Me too! :)

7. Looking great, I think I have the same grow tent as you, lol

8. [quote name='"passthebilly"']Looking great, I think I have the same grow tent as you, lol[/quote]

Lol awesome. I love my tent lol

9. hey I read some where that removing the brass fittings on those air pumps will significantly increase its power. I might be able to dig up the source if you're interested,

10. [quote name='"hope2toke"']hey I read some where that removing the brass fittings on those air pumps will significantly increase its power. I might be able to dig up the source if you're interested,[/quote]

I would appreciate that. I'm always looking for little ways to improve my set up.