4x4 setup?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Lee945, Dec 26, 2022.

1. I'm new to growing and thinking about my light. Mars hydro fc4800 or fc4800, which one is better for 4x4? looks like they are both good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The fc4800 is far better than the fc4800.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. #3 GroBuddy, Dec 26, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. My first set of LED lighting was the mars 300w lights, which were not , they actually where 135 to 145 watt lights.
    The advertisement was misleading and i knew nothing about LED, LOL I got educated,
    I will never again buy mars product.
    LED technology is changing every year.
    Now I buy nothing but Horticulture Lighting Group,

To each their own .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Step away from the bong, the fc4800 is light years ahead of the fc4800.

• Like Like x 3
  6. HLG ( horticultural lighting group ) as mentioned I would have listed. 4x4 imo is right on the threshold of using a diablo or scorpion rspec, which would be too much unneeded for a 4x4. The 600 rspec would be good or 650 my only issue with that is it's a board with great center light but will fade around the edges. If op wanted hlg I'd suggest getting a couple lights for equal coverage or do a HLG diy for equal coverage. Why I suggested the ones I did without listing hlg those listed are bar style for equal coverage.

HLG Black Bird would be something to consider, I forgot about that one it's newer, should give equal coverage close to a bar style

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I get why you would think that, and I can see your point, however I'm gonna have to stand by my original statement. No hard feelings.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I'd stick with the Mars Hydro light versus the Phlizon FC4800. Although, some of the knock off lights are not that bad. If you do purchase the much cheaper Phlizon FC4800. Keep us up to date on how it performs. Be sure to check shipping costs and lead times too. Good luck @Lee945.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for your honest advice. I decided to buy a FC4800.
    It was nice to meet you guys. I'll keep you guys up to date on its performance.
    :weed:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome to GC @Lee945. You can always start a grow journal or share your progress over on my journal if you'd like.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Will do.:love-mj2:

• Like Like x 1