4x4 set up, it's time for first grow. what should I germ?!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by goldrush217, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Just got done setting all my stuff up. Got the little t5 to veg them until they are about 3"-6" tall then they'll go under the hps. It's 1000w, but I'm gonna step it down to 600 at first before full fledged 1000. Any suggestions on set up would be nice but I think it's ready to go. I got 6 smart pots (3 5gal, 3 3gal) in there just to sit. I'm thinking 6 will be just fine for the size. I'm gonna germ 8 seeds total in case of duds but if all 8 germ it'll be real tempting to throw them in there I have plenty more 3 gal smart pots.

Just checked mail, honey bee extractor came, can't wait to try that out after harvest.

I have a good amount of seeds, 5 lsd, 5 vanilla Kush, 3 pineapple express then all my attitude freebies- dinafem fruit auto, original amnesia auto, industrial plant, Reserve og Kush, samsura alquimista, and world of seeds Pakistan Ryder. Right now I'm thinking of doing 3 pineapple express, 3 lsd, 2 vanilla Kush. I know vanilla Kush is very short, and am unsure of it is an easy grow or not. Any suggestions would be great.

Attached Files:

2. Bump one time

3. Looks like a nice set up. Have fun with it.

I am by far not an expert but...

I might veg them to more like 10-12" before flower, but don't go too far or 6 plants in a 4x4' area (if they are all female and make it into flower) can fill that space FAST. 600 watts in that space is fine as long as you can get light down into the canopy or ad a little supplemental light from the bottom or sides.

Space becomes an issue if you growing in dirt in enclosed space, you have to be able to get in there and do stuff...you might find that difficult with 6 large plants in there. It LOOKS like a large space with nothing in it or even with 6 small plants, but give it two weeks into flower and you might be going...oh crap...

4. Oh and be aware that mixing different strains together can geometrically increase the work that you must do to keep them all healthy. You are going to want to research a little bit on the genetics of the strains that you have and try to get things that are going to end up similar height or you may have to elevate some of the plants to get light to them as other plants around them outgrow them.

5. #5 goldrush217, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2012
    Thanks for the tips.
    All my seeds are feminized, so that shouldn't be an issue with having males.
    I see a lot of conflicting ideas, with some packing the tents full with 12 plants, and some saying 4 max. I germed 7 seeds, just assuming they'll be a dud. I did Pineapple express, Vanilla Kush, and LSD.
    I think I'll have to elevate the VK because it is a short plant from my research, and I know the others will get tall. I want to yield a lb, I'm ambitious, can't help it Haha. Most important in the end is getting great smoke.

Seeds are germinating in paper towels, now that waiting game. I've germed seeds before, and my brother has a few times, it always makes me nervous I'm convinced they aren't going show taproot every time Haha.

6. Oh, and ment I was going to grow them 3-6" then put them under hps for more veg

7. Nice log man. I'll let you know...still waiting on the germ.

8. Although a pound is certainly possible, don't be disappointed on your first run in this set up if you don't get there. You'll learn enough that on the second run, you'll get a pound...:smoke:

9. #10 goldrush217, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2012
    Yeah, I'm not going to be upset if I don't get there, but I can dream Haha. I started a grow log over in the indoor log section, gonna be updating daily

10. Growing a vanilla kush right now it is a small grower but it is very sensitive to nutes so go easy on it

11. Yeah, I'm planning on being conservative with the nutes

12. Yes she is very tempermental