4x C4 Auto by Fast Buds Comparison Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 918AutoGrower, Jun 26, 2018.

1. This will be my first grow in supersoil. It isn't a true "no-till" living soil grow because I am not adding the amendments for myself, and won't be recycling the soil as some organic growers do. I like the appeal of organic growing....only having to water and not needing to flush when it comes time to chop.

In deciding which soil concentrate to use, I came across a few options and I picked two. So, I'll be comparing those two soil concentrates in this grow.

Lighting: HLG 260 watt in 3000K
    Grow media #1: KindSoil + Coco Loco lightly amended with worm castings and coarse perlite
    Grow media #2: Nature's Living Soil + Coco Loco lightly amended with worm castings and coarse perlite
    Space: 32" x 32" x 72" grow tent
    Ventilation: 4" 190cfm inline exhaust fan w/ carbon filter, exhausted to outside through wall.
    Beans: 4x C4 Autos from Fast Buds
    Containers: 5-gallon square fabric pots

My grow tent is in my laundry room. There is an air conditioning vent in my laundry room, but I'm also using a Chigo 8,000 BTU portable air conditioner. This air conditioner utilizes a unique form of temperature control. It uses the remote control as a thermostat to control and monitor the temperature of the environment surrounding the remote control of the A/C. So, I can place the remote control inside my grow tent, set the temperature, and the portable air conditioner will automatically run the condenser, fan, and humidity, and make adjustments accordingly in order to maintain my settings. This was the main selling point of this portable air conditioner. I couldn't find another portable A/C that did this.

Seeds were germinated using the paper towel method and placed into rockwool that was pH'd appropriately.

[​IMG]

Grow Medium(s)
    I found Nature's Living Soil concentrate on eBay, believe it or not. Nature's Living Soil is a family-owned business that developed their own soil concentrate, and they have a couple different products. More importantly for me, they have a soil concentrate similar to KindSoil, except it is specifically designed for auto-flowering strains. That was really appealing to me because I love growing autos. They also sell a version of their soil concentrate for photoperiod strains. The other appealing thing I love about Nature's Living Soil is the price. It is much cheaper than KindSoil, so I am really rooting for this soil to produce a good crop. If it does, this company will have a customer for life!

[​IMG]

Many of you already know about KindSoil. Since it is a popular supersoil, I wanted to use it as a baseline because many of the organic growers on this forum use KindSoil and have good results.

[​IMG]

This doesn't have a lot to do with my actual grow, but I'm very proud of my little portable air conditioner. These little A/C's have to be vented through a window, but I don't have a window in my laundry room so I cut a hole in my exterior wall and vented it to the outside just under my clothe's dryer vent.

[​IMG]

Here is a panoramic shot of the entire grow space / laundry room. I still have room to wash clothes! lol

I'm thinking of either putting in a 24" x 24" x 48" grow tent right next to my current tent, or at the least using the space to the left for seedlings and starting new grows. If I leave it as is, I'll have to rig up another fan with carbon filter and exhaust it into the attic so the odors from the room get scrubbed.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Awesome! Been wanting to see a grow with Nature's Living Soil . I'm confused on how it's cheaper than Kindsoil?

Is this what you are using?

Or this?

For $18 , Nature's Living Soil you get 1 lb. For $20, Kindsoil you get 5 lb. Do you use less Nature Living Soil per pot? I see they have free shipping so you save there but you have still have less product. Maybe cheaper by bulk?

Wanted to try this product by I assumed(probably wrongly) that it would cost more and the lack of reviews also was a concern. If it's cheaper, I will have to give it shot. Assuming it will work well for you.

Sorry not trying to be a dick here. I am just not understanding how it's cheaper. I'm sure I'm overlooking something, I usually high lol

3. You get free shipping with Nature's Living Soil. I paid $18.50 in shipping when I purchased my KindSoil.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ugh. This is my least favorite part of growing....watching seedlings in 5-gallon pots do nothing for 2 weeks lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. I ordered a 2 foot 4-bulb fluorescent grow light for my seedlings because I don't like using LED on seedlings. It should arrive tomorrow.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Okay, my T5 HO 2 foot 4-bulb light just came in, and I got it hung over my C4 seedlings. Hopefully this will get them going. They sure are growing slowly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. Looks good man, how many days since sprouting?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

8. it's been 12 days since they sprouted. I think this is the last time I plant my autos in their finishing containers. I'm going to come up with a way to plant in Dixie cups and then transplant into my 5-gallon containers. This is taking way too long.

9. I wouldn't transplant autos man, but that's just my oppinion. Last time I did that it stunted growth right when it was trying to flower

10. So this is normal? I don't remember how long it took my last batch of autos to start growing lol

11. Those do look super amall for 12 days, but I don't think it has anything to do with starting them in the big containers.

12. well I don't know any other way to speed things up.

13. How far was your led from them before getting the t5 in?

14. At first the LED was about 30" then I lowered it to about 24" - 25". The recommended height from the manufacturer for this light was 24" - 28"

15. and the last batch of autos I grew they were under CFL's as seedlings. So this is the first time I've grown from seed without CFL's.

16. Maybe it has something to do with the strain? They look healthy though, I'm sure they'll take off soon

• Like Like x 1
  17. There are guys transplanting autos with solo cups. They cut windows in the cup and when it is time to transplant they bury the solo cup in the finishing containers. I'm describing it horribly .

I will try to find a link. I never tried it.

18. #18 Dickey's, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. ugghhh my girlfriend put some canna butter on my baked potato and I'm the one that got baked hahaha

I hate being this high. That butter is too damn strong lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Oh yeah yeah I know what you're talking about. Ive seen it on youtube videos before. Pretty clever.