4th week of flower - fan leaf color

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by trikl, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Easy all.

Anyone know what's going on with this leaf? Plant seems very healthy. It's just this one fan leaf that is yellow. It's not wilting or ready to fall off. It's strong, just yellow.

Attempted to do a scrog. Entering 4th week of flower. Temps were running up to 84 Fahrenheit. Got them down to 77 degrees now. 300w LED. Growing in soil. Using Fox Farms Trio nutes at half strength.

Any advice is appreciated. IMG_20161005_222131966_HDR.jpg IMG_20161005_222137455_HDR.jpg IMG_20161005_222131966_HDR.jpg IMG_20161005_222137455_HDR.jpg IMG_20161005_222147335_HDR.jpg

2. I wasn't able to get your pics to load to look, but by what you're saying here and by the weeks your plant has been in flower, most likely it's just your plant shedding leaves. Toward the end of the flower cycle, the plant stops sending energy to the larger leaves and directs all it's energy toward filling out and finishing the buds. This causes the plant to experience a shedding of sorts. By the time your plant is ready to harvest, most all the large leaves will have died and fallen off and you'll see mostly just bud left on the plant. It's perfectly normal for this to happen and once you see a leaf start to change color, you can count it dead and gone. Leaves don't heal. Stalks can heal and grow back together, etc., but leaves are done and finished when their color starts to change. If the overall plant is healthy...and I've always been told you could judge the overall health of the plant by looking at the new growth, then your plant is fine and you just had a leaf to die off. TWW

3. IMG_20161005_222147335_HDR.jpg

I inserted the pic as a thumbnail. Hopefully that opens.

I know the leaves will shed, Ive had a handful shed already. But those ones fell off with next to no effort on my part. This one is strong. Doesn't fall off even if I gently pull it.

4. Should also note that it has been this color for at least 4 days

5. How do you like using the Fox Farm? I just bought the Dirty Dozen to try it out for the first time. I'll be running it in a hydro drip recycler. Do you administer them at half strength because you have had a bad experience with using them at full strength? @trikl

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. #6 trikl, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    This is actually my first grow ever. I just went off of the recommendations from other GC Forum users. I was advised to just do half strength and slowly raise the dosage. I just kept it at half. Im a noob so I didnt wanna screw up. @TerpWizard

7. Ahh okay. I gotcha. They're looking good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Thanks bruv