Sticky's Grow - 2019

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by StickyBudHound, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Maybe this is why I've had slight clawing on one of my plants recently. Since my flower run finished up up and 500 watts of lights went out water temps in my veg tent have been way lower. One plant wants to continually claw. Think I'll open up the air vent and let the furnace heat that room for now!

Nice observation, Sticky!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Here's the plan so far.
    • Drill a 1" hole in the center of the bottom of the barrel
    • Install a PVC bulkhead fitting
    • Connect 1" PVC pipe down to and elbow, then over to another elbow then up to the top of the barrel
    • Connect one side of the pump and extend pipe out the other side the rest of the way to the top
    • Connect the pump to the wall
    • Connect an elbow at the top, then to a 1" pipe and then to a T to split it into two
    • One side of the split goes to left side edge of barrel and the other to the right
    • Drill 2 1" holes on the left and right top sides
    • Insert the pipes through the holes and connect an elbow to the ends positioned so the water coming into the barrel causes a vortex spin.
    • Fill barrel back up, flip on the pump and watch it spin

• Like Like x 2
  3. Hi Canitober. Out if curiosity, did you happen to test the temp of your water before opening the vent to allow warmer air in? Just wondering what it was.

4. Water temps have been hovering around 67-68 with lights on and during the day, but with lights off and the cold weather we've been having at night the lowest I saw was closer to 61, but average about 62-64F.

My room is indoors and I have had aluminum tape over the air registers. Normally I have a problem with high temps - but since my flower run finished up and 800watts of LEDs are off - its been running much cooler.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks! It would appear the closer you get down to 60° the more you see indications of the plant getting a lock out happening.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mine is definitely just stress as well. Shocked these a little over a week ago to treat root rot and they are still on the mend... the cooler temps may be contributing but my temps aren't extreme yet so I'll wait a few more days before changing anything and see how they continue to bounce back. Hoping to see em' praying again in a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Definitely good to wait and see. Lol, patience is the hardest part of this for me. Luckily, they do react within a day of two usually. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tomorrow the MHM and JH are getting their first cut. They both look great tonight! The feeding last night only seemed to help them look even better.

JH
    20190219_193903.jpg 20190219_193418.jpg

MHM also has a beautiful fragrance already! Very pungent and sweet, exactly how it should be.
    20190219_193816.jpg 20190219_193145.jpg
    Tomorrow....

• Like Like x 4
  9. Thanks man. :)

I played hooky today. Picking up some PVC stuff to place a water spigot outside the room. Trying to eliminate reasons for needing to go into the room and open the door unnecessarily.

Also going to try to move my RO filter out of the room too. Still working on the scrogs but getting closer. Might even get them done today. We'll see.

10. Looking solid dude, nicely done. Chop time!

11. Thanks, Canitober. :biggrin:

I'll post a pic of their new buzz cut later this evening.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Good for you...

When you get finished, i’d appreciate seeing pics, especially your ro feed to tank -and your unusable water disposal.

I’ve been making ro in 20-30 gal batches...keep going back and forth on the cost/bens of it vs my tapwater, part of the cost side is my hoky current hookup, causing lots of manual work/time...another cost is the extra time spent making more frequent buffering adjustments...w/o obvious benefit over my tapwater...so unless i get a less effortful/wasteful process i may just go back to tapwater...

• Like Like x 2
  13. I have pulled up my lazy boy with a nice frosty nug of SLH looking forward to seeing some shots :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Look what the dog dragged in...

3DFA29CC-C171-4F7D-B265-1C413D901DB2.jpeg
    0B806FFA-B1FF-4766-BEFC-09704B314D97.jpeg
    7943E1C4-4B82-4EDB-82A7-8E08C245F8D3.jpeg

Now, in addition to being a qualified disco light engineer, i’ll eventually be able to work at the sewage treatment plant...

I believe you may also be planning to get your sewage treatment degree soon...

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to add all this extra stuff in. Trying to make it all completely hands free other than just taking the water from the barrel for the plants. Went to the local Ace Hardware to pick up the project components. Got almost everything.... Was hoping to find an electric solenoid valve to use with an electric float switch but, if course they don't have something so "fancy" here in podunk Oregon... I'll have to order the dang things.

I can start putting some of this together but until those 2 items come in, I can't install.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. I see you have a reactionary purchase problem too.... Lol

Yes sir! I do intend to get that degree soon. :geek: I can't wait to see what your tests come out like.

17. #318 Or_Gro, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    A good reaction too, given i’m blindly studying bubbleology, as well...thanks for the prod.....will post results on the smackdown grow, when i get to it...

Looking forward to yours, too...

Let’s get that 10ppm..,

• Like Like x 1
  18. That will work!

Screenshot_20190220-140933_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Btw, when is that other item arriving?