$4M worth of pot seized in MIA

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by jabco, Dec 2, 2006.

1. In what customs authorities are calling one of the largest drug seizures at Miami International Airport in years, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers confiscated 3,540 pounds of marijuana Thursday.

The 122 boxes of what seemed to be pepper and seasoning actually were concealed bricks of marijuana with a street value of approximately $4 million.

''The way I look at it, quite a few people are going to be upset that their Christmas will be a little less green this year,'' said Zachary Mann, special agent spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

The drugs arrived in Miami on a cargo flight from Jamaica.
    Authorities are not disclosing the name of the airline or the city as to not compromise the investigation.

Molly, a white Labrador Retriever trained to sniff out such cargo, discovered the concealed cargo. X-ray technology also was used to see the bricks of marijuana packed within the seasoned mix.

The case is now under investigation by Immigration and Customs Enforcement. No arrests have been made.

2. damn.. 3500+ lbs of Jamaica bud................... GONE!!!

3. Holy shit... I don't know if anyone will ever read this - and this may seem horribly out of the question and it probably is. But I hear about people getting busted all the time here in the US. Is there really THAT much bud here? I mean - could it so happen that enough people got busted in a small time frame that there is a shortage on bud?. That'd be dreadful.

4. dude, there's soooo much weed on this continent. that's probably a drop in the bucket

5. valuing it at a little over 1,100/lb. not too shabby.

6. are there any pics of all the pot?

damn i wanna see pics of it all

7. dude that sucks so bad, 4 million dollars worth...., if I had that bud ohhh it'd be amazing :)

And I really don't think there will ever be like a nationwide shortage of bud, keep in mind your local growers, fear not!

8. that's brick weed...