48 hours of darkness

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by professor@steve, Feb 4, 2015.

1. My plant has seen 48 hours of darkness. Now ive heard people say that it degrades the thc content, but they are wrong. Ive also heard it gets rid of some chlorophyl (bad taste, harsh smoke) it has kicked into overdrive and bud has densed up everywhere. Still un aware if its harvest time yet. Its been 13 weeks of flowering and i dont want to cut too early. I may cut different branches at different times to see how it differs but i want it to taste good and i think harvesting early takes away from that taste

2. I wanted to wait until the orange hairs started receding and turning orange because then i know its done doing its job. And its sativa so i kinda want to harvest more on the body side, but still get that sativa high

3. I'd bet that thing is done. Go to radio shack n grab a cheap scope and check your trichs. Milky /cloudy = done. You actually do begin degrading once you've gone too far.

4. #7 chris_420, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
    Use a microscope. I was gonna post a the picture of my guide to tell when it's ready but I don't know how to post pics.

5. White hairs are still popping out of everywhere and a week ago she shot up with new flowers

6. I was thinking about giving it another 24-48 hours of darkness after daylight today. See if after that, ill keep it in darkness and cut the ready ones seeing that 48 hours of darkness fucking rocked a couple days ago on densing it up

7. Many strains will keep doing that. But that doesn't mean they haven't past their peak. Do you know exactly what strain you have?

8. Ive been testing ever so slightly little by little and i think i have enough gathered knowledge to hang. Should i quick flush it? I flushed early on but used a tad of 1-0-6 fert once or twice after the flush. I know nitrogen isnt wanted. Plus when you give it extended darkness, the roots soak up the water and nutrients so should i flush it so it can use as much nutrients from the soil before she goes into 24-48 more hours off darkness, and then hang?

9. Looks nice. Its hard to say w out seeing under a scope but I'd bet her to be done. Not many strains go for 13 weeks flower. I'd really suggest getting a scope.

10. i do not sadly/; but i didnt really know that.. Thankyou for that knowledge.

11. Yes, give her a quick flush

12. Will do. One more question, is it possible that some branches arent ready because of different watt bars and lamps. All cfls

13. After 13 weeks, it should be done. And will even out during the dry / cure. Those white hairs will be gone by smoke time. Strain??? Give a review when its dry.

14. Listen to Jerry man....13 weeks is a long time to flower. Check your trichs, not the hairs.

Testing how? Dried and cured is the only test.....can't smoke wet bud and tell. I'm telling you. Better to pull it two weeks early than a week too late.