440 cfm inline cool two tents?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whiteb0inewb, May 18, 2012.

1. Is this enough to cool two lights and pull through two carbon filters??

I have two tents a 4x4 and a 3x3 want one veg one flower but don't want to buy a whole new inline. Can I use this fan to cool both lights while pulling through a carbon filter?

I have a 4x4 running with just the 440 inline. It seems like it's still overkill for that space. The walls get sucked in tremendously.

2. I'm sure it would, if you could have it outside, say in between the 2 tents. I have seen a setup where the fan is on the outside and is pulling through a Y. Picture the filter at the bottom of the Y with the fan on top of that (so you are pushing thru the filter) and each top of the Y is pulling air and heat from your each of your lights and tents. Oh and get a speed controller they are not that expensive and I like what they do.

3. [quote name='"Bigdad"']I'm sure it would, if you could have it outside, say in between the 2 tents. I have seen a setup where the fan is on the outside and is pulling through a Y. Picture the filter at the bottom of the Y with the fan on top of that (so you are pushing thru the filter) and each top of the Y is pulling air and heat from your each of your lights and tents. Oh and get a speed controller they are not that expensive and I like what they do.[/quote]

Yea I have a speed controller. I generally run it at 50-75%. I was thinking having two filters one in each tent, the fan inbetween the two with a Y adapter pulling through each filter and light in each tent and exahusting through a vent in the wall.

4. That would work. I just use the one filter for both of my rooms, maybe 80 cu/ft. I'm sure that this would work fine, the only thing that I could see being a problem is temp. ballance. Your vedge tent I'm guessing will be cooler than the flower, don't know if that could be a problem or not. I guess you could use a damper on the vedge side to control the temp. Good luck.

5. Is there any negatives to switching over to blowing through a filter?? Also I need to pull through and vent out a vent in the wall because temps raise too much if I vent into the same room.

6. I also think it depends on the filter, when I was researching, I think some said either push or pull, this is the one I got. I have it pushing air through it, because it's easier for me to take it off for me to clean. It's a re usable.
    Charcoal Fiber Filter 6"

7. OP a few years ago I had a large room 20x16 one of the bedrooms in my house and it was upstair master bedroom and I was running (2)1000 watt hps lights and I was cooling them with a 440cfm inline fan running about 30ft of 6inch ducting and I was filtering through a very large carbon filter and I was running temps of 75-82 degrees depending on how warm it was outside, it should not be to much of an issue for you if that fan was able to keep my large room cool they should be able to keep those tents nice and cold!!!