432 watts of T5's for flowering ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by EazyGreen, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Well thats it guys what do ya think...?

I have heat problems and no outside exhaust venting..... I dont want to use a bunch of cheap CFLs.....

I want to buy the 2x4 ft, 8 bulb T5 unit 432 watt total...... New Wave and run it in a 2X4X5 grow tent.......

ill be using CO2 and doing a 24 plant SOG ....

So question is, can I yield what I need ..... which is min of about 200 grams per harvest .....

I can grow just fine but um just asking to see if anyone has flowered with T5s and what kinda results they got ...

Any help with this topic would be just fine .....

I can grow at least a .6-.7 per watt with HPS..... So if this does not work out it wont be my grow skill .... It will be the lighting system ......

Best Regards EazyGreen ......:D

2. I use the 432 watt T5 TEC light system(the aquarium version) but just for mothers and clones but im sure with added Co2 you could flower at least .5 GPW.

My 1st HPS was ,72 and #2 was 1.2 GPW w/o added Co2.

IMO the T5s will kick ass for a SOG.;)

I went with the TEC light because its reflectors are very good and it has two "E" ballasts.:D

3. Hi Eazy. I havn't grow using T5's - I just wanted to chime in and say I'm excited to see what kind of results you get :) Good luck!

4. Lol, didnt you watch myles grow journal.... I swear I saw you over there. I used to think that flouros were only good for veg, but he uses(used) them for a long time until he got his hps and he still has gotten/gets good ass yeilds. So yeah I think you will be able to yeild pretty nicely I dont think 200 grams thoughh...... you might and I wish you the best of luck.

5. Ok man thanks for the imput ....
    I'll be up and running soon ....

Right on man sounds good ...... stick around i'll be up and running soon ...

yeah I went back and had a look at his grow again had forgot about it....
    thanks man ....
    I think um gonna add CO2 now for more results and less power .....
    will see how its all works out .... doing SOG and CO2 I think I can do .5 per watt ...
    But will see....
    Thanks for stopping by dude ....

Any body else got any Ideas ? Keep the ideas coming I am listening ...

Best Regards All EazyGreen ....:D

6. Bumb ..... Any other thoughts ? anyone ?

7. Bump. What happened to your grow, Eazy?

8. hi im new here and looking for a experienced t5ho grower.....i have a 2x4x5 mothers keepers grow tent sold from htg supply,just the tent and looking at complete grow in this small space since i have no extra room in my trailer,putting this tent in my half bathroom off bedroom(since it is the only space allowed for my hobby),that being said i plan on using the silver star 4foot 4 bulb set up with the 6500k bulbs for veg and the 3000k bulbs for flower,also planning on buying 2 2foot t5ho fixtures(single)bulb for supplemental side lighting for flower cycle,will have this tent exausted through the top vent with a 6inch fan connected through duct work to my bathroom exaust fan for heat to exit the room.....i am a experienced outdoor grower,but this is my first try at indoor grow....have to move indoor tired of being ripped off outdoor....that being said anyone with t5 ho growing experience would be a great help....thanks,also im in to quality,not necessarily quantity....although in between would be nice lol......  personal use and a few friends.