400Watt autoflower grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mr.greenleaf, Jan 21, 2014.

1. I currently have 4 autoflower plants growing in just happy frog soil and i added alittle extra perlite. Im using a 400watt mh along with about 150watts worth of cfl lights. This is my first real grow aside from just playing with CFLs and shitty soil. Strains are ak-49 and northern lights from vision seeds. Today is day 13 & 15 above ground. How are they all looking blades?

Attached Files:

2. Have you used the Happy Frog before? How were your results? You use nutes? How strong? PH? I'm getting ready to do soil for the first time and looking at the Happy Frog. Pretty cheap and easy to come bySent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. This is my first time useing this soil and it seem to be doing good. The ph of the soil out the bag was around 5.6 i think but i just watered it with water around 8-8.5 ph and it brought the ph up to about 6.6. if i were you i would just go with fox farm ocean forest because the reviews are great and the ph is already where it needs to be.

4. Got everything trasplanted into 5 gallon buckets alltho i do know your not suposed to transplant autos but i wasn't going to keep them in the 1.5 gallon pots i started them in. Hopefully it doesn't slow them down too much.

Attached Files:

5. Just an update on my 2 oldest ladies at day 16! How do they look?

Attached Files:

6. 1st pic- 6.5x6.5x6.5 tent 2nd pic- day 17 3rd pic- my dwc grow (just for fun my main focus is on the plants in soil) I'm very new to dwc and am just trying to get more familiar with it

Attached Files:

7. I bought a humidity and temperature meter and my humidity ranges from 15-48 each day and my temperatures SUCK ASS because they are usually in the 50s- low 70s during the day and got all the way down to 32 degrees last night (I'm suprised they are still alive lol) my top priority is to get a heater with a thermostat and i think the growth will speed up a lot

8. So I'm still going to post updates even tho I'm not getting any feedback lol. Two of my plants stayed wilted for about.a week due to overwatering and i did a horrible trandplanting job and also my unstable temps so i pulled them up and their roots basically rotted away so i replaced those plants with 2 others. I don't know the age of the younger ones but the two larger ones are at day 20

Attached Files:

9. So i got the temerature under control last night and the plants are already looking better i expect a lot more rapid growth

10. Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

11. Hey Mr. Greenleaf! I'm growing Dinafem White Widow Auto and Delicious Seeds Northern Lights Blue Auto. They've been above ground for 9 days now, and they're just starting to form their third set of leaves. I had a humidity problem too, normally around 10%-20% and never really any higher. I put a shit ton of wet paper towels all over my grow tent and spray them all the time and that really seems to have helped. Your plants look great! Our grows are very similar I think. I'm in 3 gallon smartpots under a 400 watt metal halide using Ocean Forest. This is my first time using FFOF and I gotta say I've been SO pleased since switching from Miracle Grow.

Good luck man!! Happy growing!!!

12. #12 mr.greenleaf, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Thanks landracelover420, day 22

Attached Files:

13. #13 mr.greenleaf, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    Day 23 the one in the orange bucket shot pistols today.

Attached Files:

14. Day 25

Attached Files:

15. Looking good. Keep the journal going to the end. I'm about to do my first soil grow with auto's. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Thanks keep it quiet, i plan on keeping this journal going until i can show dry weight also just got a humidifier.

17. Been smoking on some good good

Attached Files:

18. Day 26 and the other 2

Attached Files:

19. Day 27 ^^^^^^

20. #20 BigBudBuddha, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    Looking good my man! Mine are also doing pretty solid! Ever since I switched to tap water and got them on a regular nute schedule, they've been growing quick. Also noticed that spraying them with regular, pH'd water 3 to 4 times a day has been working out. Seems to keep the leaves healthy and happy - remember I'm on a 24/0 light schedule. 

Also, I noticed that we might be on the same exact schedule right now. Are you on day 29 today?