400w HPS

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TESK!, Mar 7, 2008.

1. i have the bulb now i need to no what i have to get to use it i got 5 little plants that i havent sexed yet what do i need 2 have a really good lighting system

2. Oh dude, i hope you have done your reading, HID lights require a ballast, they dont go cheap, dont try to plug that in a normal socket (if you can even do that)

Hope you didnt buy that bulb m8 - Google Htg Supply They have great light kits, at decent prices

3. yep...yep read read read

4. go to ebay and type in "hps light"
    you need a ballast and reflector. Usually you get those, and then get a bulb.

5. Please don't burn down your house. Like everyone else said you better read up to make sure you know what you are doing.

6. I no thats why im not using it till i no everything i need to so i9 can set it up properly is there any way i can find the parts i need at a hardware store like home depot

7. Home Depot does sell HPS ballasts and lights but they are made for outdoor floodlights and such not a good idea to use indoors unless your an electrician and you know what your doing.
    Just order the light from HGTSupply.com they're really good, this is something similar to the one you need

http://www.htgsupply.com/growlights.asp?categoryID=1&subcategoryID=155&typeID=55

It's the best way just go ahead and order the whole kit with the extra bulb so you'll have an extra.

Also go to home depot and purchase an 8" inline booster fan $38.00 and a 6" inline booster fan $30.00 some 8" to 6" reducers $6.00 ea. and a 25ft. pack of 6" ducting $25.00 and that will take care of your ventilation.

After you get all that, read some grow guides and come back and see us...

You can either do that and spend about $260 or you can spend like $150 on like 10-15 cfls and you might get the same results but you'll still need the ventilation stuff maybe just smaller fans.

You can do it the right way and get excellent results or try and do it the cheap wrong way and spend an extra $150. Or you can read, study, and purchase the nessasary equipment up front and save that $150 by getting the right shit from the get go.

What ever you decide I wish you luck.

Later