400w HPS White Rhino/Bubbilicious Soil Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by IndicaSativa420, Mar 30, 2006.

1. alright, i sexed another plant (that makes 3 total)...so far all 3 that i sexed are male. Do males generally show sex earlier than females? Because none of the other plants have showed preflowers yet, and it's a weird coincidence that out of the 3 i sexed, 3 are male. I also transplanted the remaining 5 into 2 gallon pots. The new soil mix i'm using for the moment, is scotts potting soil, blood meal, perlite, and bone meal. After i transplanted them i watered them with ph balanced distilled water and also added 1/4 tsp of epsom salt. They are small for their age since they were stunted from the ties but they are almost fully recovered now. Sorry for taking so long on the pics, i'll try and go to pick up some batteries later today.

2. Alright i kept 3 nice females..i had 4 but one stopped growing and was having lots of problems. The smallest one is about 2 feet, the biggest is about 2 feet 4 inches. I put them into flowering last week, should see buds soon. I am also picking up a 1000w hps in about a week or two and am going to start 16 new plants under that. Any suggestions on good but not super expensive strains? The females i got going now are growing very well and healthy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. NICE!!! lookin good there IS420

16 plants under a 1k hood is going to be way too crowded .... i would try 1/2 that many. when they're too crowded, yield goes way down .... plus over crowding can cause just general unrest .... with the plants AND the gardener ;)

oh .... check out Serious Seeds .... have only heard good things about 'em ... plus only 5 strains to choose from :)

peace my friend.

4. thanks for the compliments. Yea i decided to only put 9 plants under the 1000w light once i get it. I was thinking about serious seeds bubblegum. I really wanted to grow their white russian but i can't find it in stock, and i was hoping to order from drchronic since my order with seedboutique never came.

5. You can't go wrong with Serious Seeds, I have grown Bubblegum and it was great! 15 seeds in a pack!

I was wondering how many people use CO2?

I have been growing MK Ultra from TH Seeds and the six I have been growing are getting close to being done.

k9

6. how dank does that smell?

7. The smell is actually almost non existant. The plants are about 15 days into flowering and doing good. The buds are already decent sized, but not alot of triches yet. I also took 8 clones off of the small branches off the big females...they are doing really well and should make it, they will be put under my 1000w hps as soon as i get it. I took a clear plastic tub, put a heat pad under it, then put a towel on the bottom, and put the cuts filled with unfertilized soil, vermiculite, and perlite on top of the towel. I took the cuttings and used a razor to scrape the outer layer of tissue off the bottom part of the stem and then put them to sit for a minute in ph balanced water (6.8 ph). Then i dipped the bottom of the stem in eathjuice natural cloning/rooting gel and put them into the cups. Then i took a wet paper towel, put it in the cloning box, and put saran wrap over it with a 80w cool fluro tube a few inches away from them. They aren't even wilting at all, and it's been 4 days since i took the cuttings. I'll take pictures soon of the budding females and the clones.

8. Sorry for taking so long for an update. I've been very busy and forgot to post back in here. The plants are going to be chopped in a few days. They are doing great, the buts are covered in triches and dense as fuck. Here are some pics i took this morning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. damn man your shit looks tight as fuck i wanna know how much dry weaight you get when its all done :)

10. thanks, i'll post once i know the dry weight after i chop them. I have 3 females, the pics above are only of one plant. There are 2 other females, one which is a purple phenotype (bubbilicious), and another white rhino female which is budding decently, although the buds are alot smaller than the other two plants and alot taller, it looks like it has more sativa traits than the other plants. I will try to get pics up of the other plants, especially the purple pheno bb.

11. Smoke Report A.S.A.P.!:smoke:

12. I am going to post a smoke report as soon as i can. Still 3-4 days until chop time. I should be able to get a smoke report within 10 days or so.

13. could you tell me a little more about the AC you put in? I've been thinking about using a tool shed in my backyard to grow, and heat will most likely be a problem. Would that add a lot to the electric bill? How much did it cost?

can't wait to see how much bud you get. i'm guessing one 400w hps is good for the 8 plants?

14. Yea, it's a huge room with an ac in the window. An a/c will add alot to the electric bill, depending on the wattage of the a/c you have. Even if you have a small one, it's going to use atleast 600 watts or so, which will add around $10-$20 per month to the electric bill, maybe more. It's worth it though, the room never goes above 80 degrees, it even caused one of my females to turn purple because the room was never going above 70-75 for awhile. You'll only be able to grow around 4 full size plants under a 400w. I started 8 in 1 gallon pots and as soon as i sexed them i only kept 4 females, one of which started to grow very slowly, so i chopped her. I'm hoping to yield around 2 oz. per plant, the one i posted pictures of looks like it will yield around 2 oz. maybe more. The purple plant looks like it will be around 2 oz also, the last females buds aren't as dense and full as the other plants, so i'm thinkin around 1-1.5 oz's from that plant. I'll post dry weight of each plant after i dry them, only a few more days until chop time.

15. yo man ur plants look amazing
    im like speechless
    u gotta post these pics on dankness's poll against u

16. Props on the grow man, hope my buds get to look as nice as yours!

17. they look so delicious!!!

18. Every pic except for the last one are of some small buds from my pink/purple pheno bubbilicious, last pic is off a small nug from my other WR plant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. wow those look fantastic, good job:hello: Happy smoking:smoking:

20. that crop looks amazing!