400w hps closet first grow, tips welcome

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Budstein, Jul 14, 2013.

1. 400w hps with 6 cfls in a closet with 4 plants. Unknown strains but from dank bags. One is a second generation my buddy gave to me to keep going since he had to stop, some kind of blueberry strain. Just started week 3 of flowering. Plants look great and have nice thick stems all the way to the top and flowers are just starting to appear. All 4 plants are together in one tote(changing next time around for more root space). They get a gallon of water daily. Timer set for 13 hours on, 11 off. Read on someone's forum that they "super crop" their plants 2-3 weeks into flowering so I gave it a shot and have seen positive results, though not substantial yet, in just a day. If you have tips to improve or have questions please jump in, this is all new to me

2. I have a plants starting for my next round and am curious what are pros and Cons to each light period, as in 24/0 opposed to 18/6?

3. Trimmed a lot of the larger leaved in the upper canopy to allow light to the lower buds yesterday. Looks good. Put up a new picture in a couple days of the progress

4. This is a sweet ass set-up. As far as I know, 24/7 will shorten your veg time as the plant it is constantly photosynthesising. Many people believe that 18/6 is better because it more closely resembles nature. Me personally I do 24/7. But I'm no pro either... Looks good man. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I ran these plants 24/7 and had no problem but being my first grow ever I don't have anything to personally compare it too. Next time around I'm going to shorten the veg period as I didn't realize how much more they grew during the first part of flowering. And thanks! It's extremely simple and since I don't have to worry about stealth it's very easy to keep perfect temps. The closet has no top so the heat from the large hps escapes easily.

6. flowering started on june 28 incase anyone wants to keep track of exactly far into flowering these are.  almost done week 3.  little update

Attached Files:

7. nice, check my grow i'll keep an eye on this

8. What beauties ;)

9. thank you!

10. last day of week three since the flip.  not gonna lie.. pure excitement but so much time left!

Attached Files:

11. Im here bro!!! Lookin good!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. update time!  half way through week 5 of flowering. one of my random bag seeds has formed a potent lemon smell :) smells like fruit salad in there with the blueberry.  excited to see how much bigger the buds get. how late should i stop using nutrients? if i should stop before harvest.  this is my first harvest ever, plants are all organic and for flowering have only been using some simple top booster mixed with a 5-10-5 plant food concentrate.  wondering if its worth picking up budzilla this thursday or waiting a bit till next harvest.  money is fairly tight but can swing some nutes if i will see a difference.  im almost out of what i have

Attached Files:

13. Just starting week 7. Still a gallon of water and age old bloom nutes daily along with some locally made nutes to supplement. Buds are really starting to fatten up!

Attached Files:

14. Sorry week 6**

15. One of the smaller blueberry tops but easier to see without the bright hps light directly over it

Attached Files: